Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honeywell Grey and Black Oscillating Tower Fan. €18.49

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

It's possible that Argos disable option or cancel your reservation but if you have a reservation, don't go to the till to pay. Use the automated kiosks. Once you've paid the merchant has entered into a contract with you and has to provide the product (as happened here they can cancel before you pay)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

flyguy wrote: »
    It's possible that Argos disable option or cancel your reservation but if you have a reservation, don't go to the till to pay. Use the automated kiosks. Once you've paid the merchant has entered into a contract with you and has to provide the product (as happened here they can cancel before you pay)

That's the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

never ever seen them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭south

Picked one up in Clonmel this afternoon, thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭leex

I used automatic machine with reservation number in Galway. After entering reservation number it quoted ninety something euro for the heater so was a non runner. I then went to customer service desk who summoned a manager who said there was an overnight system issue and they would not honour the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

south wrote: »
    picture of receipt? Go on, we are all dying to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,143 ✭✭✭✭Esel

south wrote: »

"Then I saw her face
    Now I'm a believer..."

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I went to the kiosk to pay but the price had gone up to ~€90 so I had to go to a till. Dude went to the manager and was told head office had said no cos it was a misprice. I kind of expected it after the missed call so I wasn't too surprised; I just made the argument that if I'd been in at lunchtime I'd have gotten it. He didn't budge. Ah well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Liffey Valley refused to honor the price this morning. Ah well......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I got one yesterday, I'm a happy camper, i'll post pic of receipt later

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

No joy in Limerick, he wasn't budging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭c_meth

Navan rang me. They won't honour. Reservation expires this eve.

If anyone wants res code to try on self service machine, let me know...

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

They wouldn't honour it for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

I got one yesterday. Went in to Argos first thing in the morning as knew they'd cop the mistake eventually. Paid at machine so I didn't have to deal with any staff. Read on a Facebook group of others getting it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭south

dodzy wrote: »
    picture of receipt? Go on, we are all dying to see it.

Can't find the receipt at the moment but here she is

3309ppx.jpg

Advertisement