Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europlex Signet GSM Question.

Options
  • 02-04-2016 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Europlex Signet 100 installed and have just added a GSM module to the system. When an alarm is activated, notification is sent via GSM to my phone and it all seems to be working fine there.

When I try to send a command to my system from my phone via text eg to carry out a full set or to view the system status, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong with this? Have I missed a setting somewhere along the line?.

SMS Auth is set to caller id only and mobile number is programmed into user account and enabled.

Is there a setting somewhere in the system that I am missing?. Any Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

On the number for the incoming text commands the format should be 3538********
    Also control rights have to be enabled for each text command.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aka_alex

Hi Koolkid,

Thanks for the reply. I have done that, entered the number as 3538******** but it hasn't made any difference, when I send a text to the system nothing happens. I had also enabled control rights for each command.

As I have the SMS Auth set to caller id only, do I only send the command via text, ie FSET for full set. Do I have to put anything else in the Text??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you also enabled SMS in User Rights/Profiles?
    Also when you receive a text try reply with Help.
    I want to see will it send you the list of commands available,

Hi Koolkid,

I have the following settings on the system

User 1 - Manager
    Variables - Communications, Modems, Primary, Enabled
    Variables - Sms Auth Mode, Caller ID Only
    User Options - All options selected including SMS
    Sms Control - Enabled
    Sms Control - Sms Caller ID, 3538********
    Sms Control - Commands Allowed, All Selected
    Sms Control - Control Enabled
    Sms Events - Number, 3538********
    Sms Events - Number Enabled

The signal level of the modem is High (9)
    When I activate the alarm I receive a text from the system stating an alarm and what sensor was triggered
    When I send a text to the system, nothing happens, the text I send doesn't seem to be delivering as I don't receive a delivery report on my phone.

Looking through the above can you think of any other settings I might need to change or is there something I am missing?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Are you using the code + command eg 1234 ssta.
    GSM pin set up correctly
    Definitely a setting wrong somewhere

• Advertisement

If the authorisation mode is caller ID only you don't need to put the code in the text.
    Try put the number as +3538*******

I have tried it using code + command also, no difference. (changed the SMS Auth Mode to Caller ID + Pin)(Pin set up in User Profile)

I have also tried putting +3538******* and still no go. It is like the panel isn't receiving my texts. Could this be the case??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Try the sim in a phone to confirm it can receive texts.

What sim are you using?

I put the sim into a phone and all the texts I had sent to it started to come through. Seems like when the sim is in the panel it isn't receiving the texts. Do I have to put the sim number into the system somewhere??

Koolkid, I'm using a Vodafone Sim.

• Advertisement

Are you sure the the command number is correct.
    Can you try it to and from another number?

Hi Koolkid,

I have set my wife up as a user also and tried it from her number, the same thing is happening, the text doesn't seem to be going through. I sent a test text to her phone from the panel and replied to it, just to make sure and still nothing happened. I am starting to believe that the texts aren't getting through to the panel as I know that if I remove the sim and place it into a phone, the texts that I have sent will deliver to the number of the sim. It is strange indeed.

I am looking to see If I have a sim adapter to try another sim in the panel and see if that will work.

I have just tried another sim in the panel and the same thing is happening, it will send texts out on activation or test but will not accept commands sent by text.

I'm looking at different software here.
    From memory I think the SMS number has to be entered twice into the SigNET one with the outgoing SMS number and one with the incoming SMS control number?

Yes Koolkid, it has to be put in under SMS Events for the outgoing and under SMS Control for the incoming. I have it put in under both. I'm wondering if there could be a problem with the unit itself. It was taken from a Signet 200, which is a bit older than my 100. The firmware of the Module is 1.1 and the firmware on my Signet is 1.0.0. Would that make any difference??

Do you have a fast programmer to upgrade the panel?
    1.0.0 is very old.
    I'll PM you 1.2b which was the last release for the 100.

Can I use SignetPro to update the panel using this software??

Yes via USB.

Yeah, just checked that I could. Will give it a try tomorrow evening and report back. Thanks for all your help.

Hi Koolkid,

Have just tried to update the software with Signetpro, I can connect to the panel, change the configuration etc but when I try to upgrade the firmware the option to do so is still greyed out and will not allow me to select it. The panel is in full engineer mode when I try it but no joy. Any ideas on what could be the problem? Thanks

• Advertisement

You connect to the panel, download the configuration to the pc, select full engineer, ensure manufacturer access is granted and upload the config file back to the panel.
    What version is on the panel and what version are you upgrading to again?

Koolkid,

its version 1.0.0 on the panel and you sent me version 1.2 so was gonna upgrade it to that.

And did none of the above work?
    There is no browser on the 100 so the only other option would be the fast programmer.

Koolkid,

I have just tried it and it won't give me an option to grant manufacturer access. I have set the system to engineer configure and when I log on to the panel with signetpro manufacturer access is checked. I can't find an option in my user menu to grant access for manufacturer anywhere. am I missing something??

Uncheck the manufacturer access box. Upload and try again.

Hi Koolkid,

Have tried unchecking the manufacturer access box, tried it with it checked, have been in full engineer mode the whole time and it will not let me select the upgrade button. I did notice that when you have the security grade to engineer configure, under my user options it would not allow me the option there to grant upgrade. something strange with it indeed. May keep an eye out for a fast programmer I suppose.

I have one there if you want to borrow it.
    Where are you located?

Thanks for the offer, unfortunately I'm in Carlow, can't just pop around to pick it up.

Ahh a pity.
    I need to get a new SPC one. So if you want I could post to youyou and send it back when you are done. Do you use parcel motel.

• Advertisement

Hi Koolkid,

Sorry for the late reply, yes I do use parcel motel.

Advertisement