Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Neimh is going to invite all Paul's lady friends to Xmas dinner, as you do.. :rolleyes: but why?? I wonder :confused:

Did you see the Red Wedding episode on game of thrones ?

It's going to be like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

No FC tonight. What on earth will I complain about.

jhegarty wrote: »
    Did you see the Red Wedding episode of game thrones ?

Maybe more like the battle of the barstewards. ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

jhegarty wrote: »
    Did you see the Red Wedding episode of game thrones ?

Farrah, Pierce, Deco and Ama

Tyrion-Lannister-Grey-Worm-Missandei-and-Daenerys-Targaryen-tyrion-lannister-39739957-500-333.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Christmas Episode from 1990 on the RTE Player.

Featuring Eoghan, in a previous incarnation as a nerd...

C0JaKzgWgAAF9Nt.jpg

• Advertisement

RayM wrote: »

C0JaKzgWgAAF9Nt.jpg

"How are you keeping, you toe rag, I don't know who you are (even though any eegit would have figured it out by now). I don't know what you want (because the Gardai haven't even done the slightest bit of background search on you). If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have money (because I spend it all on pints, fast food and daily shopping in an expensive Spar shop), but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career (of taxi driving). Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you (Just look at what I did to Mumbles with a brush of the shoulder). If you let my daughter go now that'll be the end of it (I will forgive you and invite you over for Christmas dinner like it was a complete misunderstanding). I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, (the story will just come to a complete anti climax after a siege and that will be it )but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,with a brush of my shoulder"

Screen-Shot-2016-11-09-at-10.30.39.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

C0JaKzgWgAAF9Nt.jpg

Cheers. I was looking for something to watch tonight with my chicken madras and pilau rice. Afterall its christmas week. Feck it, I'll order chips with it too! Really spoil myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

C0JaKzgWgAAF9Nt.jpg

Great stuff! Just watching. Eoghan is such a timid fella, and his upper class grandad! Grandad Tom is to the manor born :)

Striking thing about Charlie is he's an ordinary working class Dublin man like his Strumpet City character. The last 15 years have seen the advent of his affected accent. Though looking back the programme was very 'old Dublin' then, inner city Dublin as portrayed by the late Eamonn MacThomais. No doubt deliberately so as it's rival was the rural Glenroe.

Bella is coming accross as a feckless clown, no two ways about it! Compared to the moaner he has become. He's only 71 so no real need for him to be the oul drip he has become with no joy of life in him. Cass it's much more positive and was 75 on the show last year.

Anne Clarke is very patient with that father of hers! All the men after her :) She looks very well and Helen isn't bad either only she has her jeans/trousers pulled up really high as was the fashion in the late 80s and early 90s. They tended to make girls look like they had huge ars*s!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,129 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would think Jo would want Ben with her for Christmas, has she even contacted Dermot about Ben considering he is ill and also where is Deirdre

• Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Cheers! I'll have a watch of this in a little while. This would be one of the earliest episodes of FC as it was only in its second series. The show had been very nearly scrapped a few months before and wasn't expected to return after the summer break.

• Advertisement

nagdefy wrote: »
    Great stuff! Just watching. Eoghan is such a timid fella, and his upper class grandad! Grandad Tom is to the manor born :)

Striking thing about Charlie is he's an ordinary working class Dublin man like his Strumpet City character. The last 15 years have seen the advent of his affected accent. Though looking back the programme was very 'old Dublin' then, inner city Dublin as portrayed by the late Eamonn MacThomais. No doubt deliberately so as it's rival was the rural Glenroe.

Bella is coming accross as a feckless clown, no two ways about it! Compared to the moaner he has become. He's only 71 so no real need for him to be the oul drip he has become with no joy of life in him. Cass it's much more positive and was 75 on the show last year.

Anne Clarke is very patient with that father of hers! All the men after her :) She looks very well and Helen isn't bad either only she has her jeans/trousers pulled up really high as was the fashion in the late 80s and early 90s. They tended to make girls look like they had huge ars*s!

And a cat and dog sighted in two different houses! Somebody mentioned recently the lack of pets on FC in recent years and they're spot on.

Bela has definitely become a complete grouchy crank in the intervening years. I'm surprised how old Charlie looks here given that it was 26 years ago.....he was already totally grey.

Who is Katy's hairdresser and beautician while locked away, is it Ciaran :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Strazdas wrote: »
    And a cat and dog sighted in two different houses! Somebody mentioned recently the lack of pets on FC in recent years and they're spot on.

Bela has definitely become a complete grouchy crank in the intervening years. I'm surprised how old Charlie looks here given that it was 26 years ago.....he was already totally grey.

Would you believe 10 years earlier, in 1980, Charlie was almost as grey in Strumpet City! He was around 44 in 1980 so i suppose it wouldn't be too unusual.

Bob, Leo and Charlie should be at Apollo House

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

C0JaKzgWgAAF9Nt.jpg

This was so great to see. The man who played his grandfather later played Jo's father. Also I was reading the credits and the young actor who played Darren Doyle is called Paul Brennan. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭picturehangup

@ thetalking bread.

You are so right. That made me choke myself! Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Great find Ray. I was in England till the early nineties so I never saw any of the start of FC. I'lll
    have a look tomorrow.

Does anyone know if I can work RTE player with chromecast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I hadn't realised Gripey was in Fair City before. Is he the same character?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

Is the actress who played Helen related to Mairead Farrell??

I would have never, in a million years, would have twigged that guy was Eoghan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bob, Leo and Charlie should be at Apollo House
    They are. Did you not see them ?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Great find Ray. I was in England till the early nineties so I never saw any of the start of FC. I'lll
    have a look tomorrow.

Does anyone know if I can work RTE player with chromecast?

I don't know about chromecast, but it works with Apple TV straight for phone to TV.

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I hadn't realised Gripey was in Fair City before. Is he the same character?

No, a completely different one. This earlier version seems almost 'camp' :)

From what I can see, he lives with his sister (Claire?) and their posh grandfather has come to visit or is living with them permanently.

Favourite FC 2016 moment....

I think mine was Oisins "knock knock" when he disturbed Paul and (I think it was meeeeee daaaaa?)

Credit where it's due, Oisins personality development has been very good. A character like that would fit into any soap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Credit where it's due, Oisins personality development has been very good. A character like that would fit into any soap

Yeah but in the scenes where he was trying to get Niamh to sign off on the Speakeasy he was very introverted and pushed to the background, not at all like the witty and conniving little toerag who first walked on to our screens, all malice and very sharp one-liners. Hes an extremely talented young actor who us a breath of fresh air. Hes been a bit better with Callum of late but that needs to continue.
    Imagine the potential of Oisin finding out about The Plan (everyone else does!) and using it against Niamh or twisting his Dad around his finger even more, it would be brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Not quite Apollo House, but close!

ha! first time Caddle has Jack in years and she offloads him straight away !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Has Jane 'got milk', or what is that white line on her top lip?!

• Advertisement

FC Producers: "Would you consider returning as Callum, we have some great plans for your character....."

Actor: "Go on.............."

FC Producers: "Well it involves you wearing a beany hat all day and passing sarcastic remarks at a half brother you never have met in your life but have a mutual vendetta against eachother"

Actor: "Wow, sounds fantastic"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement