Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Void bet already paid

Options
  • 31-03-2016 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm finding it hard to get an answer on this so hopefully someone knowledgeable in this area can shed some light.

Basically my Da placed a bet online on the Germany England match last week with a few pints on board, but it was placed after a goal had been scored so it was effectively a guaranteed winner, seems the bookies just left the price up too long. He half expected it to be canceled.

He has now got the money back in his bank and I'm telling him that's the end of it, not the most moral way to take money from a bookie but anyway. He is freaked now, worried about the bookies bringing him to court if they discover it and considering contacting them to turn himself in :)

Can the bookies actually do anything at this stage? Aside from taking action in suspending his online account? Proceeds from the bet were around 800 quid, but I think he is more worried about the possibility of being publicly outed as some sort of scammer :)

If it's not been noticed by now I'm assuming it never will be but if it is can they do anything? Any input appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Tell him not to worry.

It was their fault for leaving the bet up too long. Enjoy the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

most here will have experienced this myself included

nothing to worry about, they cant do a thing, enjoy the cash as this rarely happens

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Ha no chance. Sometimes users will bet at events or have faster streams. These types of users will be spotted after a while due to their bet type etc.. Money will never be withheld but the user will be prevented from betting live markets. €800 once off would be pretty meaningless.

Advertisement