Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap Card: Hitting Negative Balance and Daily Cap at The Same Time

Options
  • 30-03-2016 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey I'm just wondering something. I currently have €1.79 on my Leap Card and tomorrow I am going to have to take 4 Dublin Bus trips in total. The Daily Cap is €6.90.

If I top up by €5, bringing my balance to €6.79 and I take the first 3 buses, I will hit the daily cap of €6.90 at the same time my balance goes down to -€0.11, will I be able to take the fourth bus without topping up again? I'm very tight on money this week and I really dont want to have to top up another €5 when I am only 11c short...

Once you hit the daily cap of €6.90 all buses for the rest of the day are free, but once you hit a negative balance I know you cant use it until its topped up again... but will that matter if the bus is going to be free anyway?

So will it work or not because I have been googling all morning and I cant find the answer anywhere, and their helplines are closed and I need to know for tomorrow morning :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

From Leapcard.ie (Terms and Conditions)

(c) If the Leap Card has a positive Travel Credit balance stored on it (i.e. equal to or greater than €0.01) but does not have enough Electronic Value for a journey being undertaken, the extra amount will be taken from any Deposit. The Leap Card customer will not be able to use Travel Credit again until it is topped up. When Travel Credit is next added to the Leap Card, the Deposit amount will be replenished and only the remaining amount will be added as Travel Credit.

Looks like you should be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

craoltoir wrote: »
    From Leapcard.ie (Terms and Conditions)

(c) If the Leap Card has a positive Travel Credit balance stored on it (i.e. equal to or greater than €0.01) but does not have enough Electronic Value for a journey being undertaken, the extra amount will be taken from any Deposit. The Leap Card customer will not be able to use Travel Credit again until it is topped up. When Travel Credit is next added to the Leap Card, the Deposit amount will be replenished and only the remaining amount will be added as Travel Credit.

Looks like you should be OK.

So,,,, did it work?

Advertisement