Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boon. - €5 free for signing up

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

honda boi wrote: »
    Ye I got a message about topping up.
    Never used boon bar signing up and getting the €5 credit.
    Can't see them doing anything to ya?

I don’t know if it would end up affecting my credit rating?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭honda boi

AidenL wrote: »
    I don’t know if it would end up affecting my credit rating?

Did you give them any details when signing up?
    Card details?
    Can't remember meself

Did you give them any details when signing up?
    Card details?
    Can't remember meself

I did yes, I believe name, address and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

Ye I got a message about topping up.
    Never used boon bar signing up and getting the €5 credit.
    Can't see them doing anything to ya?

I phoned them and asked them to close my account because I wasn't using it - they were decent enough and did so and didn't ask me to pay them the €2 or so that I owed them in charges

I phoned them and asked them to close my account because I wasn't using it - they were decent enough and did so and didn't ask me to pay them the €2 or so that I owed them in charges

I’m getting the exact opposite response, I escalated to a complaint today.

It’s painful over 2.82.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

I emailed them at contact@boonpayment.com gave them my phone number and secret answer and they cancelled with immediate effect. I owed them 7 euro

ColdTurkey wrote: »
    I emailed them at contact@boonpayment.com gave them my phone number and secret answer and they cancelled with immediate effect. I owed them 7 euro

Maybe they changed their policy then, or I got a jobsworth.

They are adamant they won't close my account till I get the 2.82 to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I emailed them to ask them to close my account when I got a reminder to pay fees. Had this installed on an old phone, can't recall if I ever used it. Told them I wasn't paying any fees as didn't use the service and didn't want to. Seems like they will close the account without me clearing the balance.

I don't see any benefit to Boon if you have a Google Pay linked credit/debit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Gosh I just deleted the app a year or two ago, used it once ever and still had a few cents left over from the free €5, could there be owed fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Delta2113

From 22 October 2019,boon went fee-free. You no longer need to pay €1.49 per month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement