Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2006 Passat - steering column lock defective

Options
  • 28-03-2016 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Had the same problem,

I did the DIY job on my car and a friends car before VW got the newer part for 80e. You can buy and change to the new lock yourself but dont plug the new one in, vw have to recode it for you,, so leave the old one plugged in.

But if your into DIY, have time + WD40 you can repair the old lock.

Hallo I have this problem on my 2006 passat 140 ps, steering column lock defective, and just wonder is it just to oil it up, or is it this 2 micro switches that is the problem? bad connection?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved out from old thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Most lightly the steering lock itself, it's electric, nearly sure it has to be programmed then.

Advertisement