Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robert De Niro Pulls Anti-Vaccine Doc From Tribeca Film Festival

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Indeed but on paper he was very well qualified at the time the paper was released. I think he's full of sh1t and a very dangerous man but his qualifications led people to accept what he said as fact. As I said never believe an argument from authority if it goes against science.

Also the peer review system should be looked at.

Yep. It's crazy that we haven't found a better method for validating publications, or just gone the way of math/physics and started doing open, unreviewed pre-publication.

I've had the idea in my head for years that some sort of scientific social network would do a better job of doing the basic validation job currently performed by peer review.
    Cathy.C wrote: »
    A little more on this today. Seems he somewhat regrets pulling the documentary now.

I think he should regret accepting it in the first place. Once that was done, they probably should have just screened it. Accepting and then pulling it was probably the worst outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

I think he should regret accepting it in the first place. Once that was done, they probably should have just screened it. Accepting and then pulling it was probably the worst outcome.

I'm not so sure. It's not as if there wasn't going to be even bigger consequences for screening it. As De Niro said in the interview, other film producers that had screenings at the festival were complaining. He said he was too busy to deal with them and couldn't look too deep into who these people were nor why they were taking issue with it being screened but that now that he has some time he will be looking into who they were and also why it was that they objected. Whatever the case, seems to me that his is not one bit happy about being pressured into pulling it and intends now to do something about it. Horse's head may find it's way into a few beds maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

DeNiro knew exactly what he was doing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Cathy.C wrote: »

Jesus Christ, the comments on that video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, the comments on that video.

I liked:
    "You offended us a lil' bit. A lil' bit."

• Advertisement
Advertisement