Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Objects that don't work

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Mr.frosty

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Starship Enterprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

katemarch wrote: »
    To quote that excellent scruffy detective Lovejoy, most things aren't.
    How can you call it a jug if it won't pour? A flowerpot would do a better job.

Inspired by this thought, the Pyrex measuring jug now holds a pot plant.

Being quite green fingered myself, I hope you had the werwhital to drill some holes in the bottom of the jug,otherwise your plant will die a death pretty sharpish. Certain milk cartons piss me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

"Now the jugs don't work..."

...they just make me hurt,
    but at least they hold my daf-o-dils"

Do do do do doooo

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Anything that's designed to be used with water/liquid but isn't rust proof. Like shower trays, outdoor padlocks, sieves and I'm just after buying a replacement for a metal compost bin I had that rusted through.

****ty headphones, speakers and head units.

Reusable water bottles and food containers that have BPA and other chemicals in them.

Cable bike locks that can be snipped in 2 seconds with a pliers.

Cheap easy to use knife sharpeners that will eventually mess up the blade.

Sport and physiotherapy injury prevention and performance enhancing and aiding wearables that have absolutely no affect.

Any ****ty processed hunger suppressants marketed as food when they aid malnourishment instead of nourishment.

Any anti ageing or concealer cosmetics that clog your pours and leave you walking around with a face full of chemicals which will over time make your skin worse.

Antiperspirant, blocking sweat ducts with more chemicals can't be good.

Medication that leaves you worse off healthwise.

Back support and ergonomic furniture that doesn't prevent bad posture.

Cheap umbrellas that get torn to bits in any kind of wind.

Food processors and other kitchen equipment that don't have powerful enough motors to do what they are meant to.

IKEA furniture after it's moved a few times.

I could be here all day..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Menas wrote: »
    Are you left handed ?
    I am, and getting one that works easily is a bloody chore.

Off to the emporium with you post haste, Neddy has just the thing for you.....

Aglets, bloody nuisance..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭looksee

How can an aglet not work! Unless they fall off, in which case you get a fluffy lace end, but thats not really 'not working'!

looksee wrote: »
    How can an aglet not work! Unless they fall off, in which case you get a fluffy lace end, but thats not really 'not working'!

Oh they work ok, I just don't like them, bondage for laces...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Jugs work if you don't over fill them. Just fill to two thirds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Penis enlargement pills.

• Advertisement

Penis enlargement pills.

You're doing it wrong, they absorb through the skin when they are stamped in violently with 5" high heels. They're guaranteed to work, at least until the swelling goes down....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Being quite green fingered myself, I hope you had the werwhital to drill some holes in the bottom of the jug,otherwise your plant will die a death pretty sharpish. Certain milk cartons piss me off.

Oh, it is currently employed as a cache-pot, the actual plant is in a pot of its own.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Dyson vacuum cleaners. Well they kinda work, but not very well and are pure shíte on carpet. The vacuum with no bag that doesn't lose suction, yeah because it has eff all in the first place.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

kbannon wrote: »
    The unemployed don't work!

How dare you objectify human beings.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Money is only paper and scrap metal, it isn't really worth anything in its own right, not like in the Olden Daze when it was actually connected with the value of real gold and silver.
    When you eat any of them, do they have nutritional value?

You're doing it wrong, they absorb through the skin when they are stamped in violently with 5" high heels. They're guaranteed to work, at least until the swelling goes down....

This works better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Archeron

Those feet shaped things with suction cups that you stick in a shower tray and use to clean your feet without having to bend down and bonk your head off the shower wall, and I really don't understand how they don't work. It has bristles, there shouldn't be much more to it than that.

Those nose strips that supposedly help you breath better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Oh, it is currently employed as a cache-pot, the actual plant is in a pot of its own.

Well that cleared that up for me, much better than f*ckin it in the bin, waste not, want not as they say. Kudos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

maudgonner wrote: »
    It's also a truth universally acknowledged that 99% of teapots are dribbly as fúck.
    Especially those metal ones that you usually get in cafés, the ones where the lid doesn't close properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Why the oft misplaced TV remote controls are coloured black baffles me - they should be bright orange or yellow or some other colour that doesn't allow them to deliberately hide with such ease the instant you turn your back on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Kennel Club Dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I just recently bought some solar bulbs for the garden. They look so lovely, big, brightly coloured and they hang from the gazebo. Don't bloody work though. Not even a dim hint of light do they emit, nothing. They were only €1.50 each in a certain Homestore but they ought to work. Surely it costs almost the same to make a product that actually works.

Have a close look at the little solar panel. Is there a protective clear plastic sheet on it? If so, take it off. I got some of those lights , thought they didn't work but it was just the plastic strip blocking the light. Maybe to stop them lighting up until they are being used or something.
    If it works can I get a prize for being helpful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

saorview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Internet Ham

Why the oft misplaced TV remote controls are coloured black baffles me - they should be bright orange or yellow or some other colour that doesn't allow them to deliberately hide with such ease the instant you turn your back on them.

I knew it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

On time Bus Eireann buses.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Boomerangs. Never once has one of those fecked came back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Tesco self service tills. Crap hate them they see me coming and refuse to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Stop Snoring devices / gadgets, 99% useless.
    The best snoring solution is a damp pillow firmly held down on the offenders face.

Advertisement