Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny April Update

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I've run 2 x raids this week and I'm 325, 325, 320. What would ye recommend I do this weekend to build up my light level?
    I'm now 328, 327 & 324 - that's using the Ishtar Commander app to maxamise my light on all characters.
    Cormac... wrote: »
    Sounds to me like you're not equipping you highest level light gear before you finish stuff or turn stuff in

This caught me out once or twice last week, a lot of the drops I had matched the light level of my max item - where as I was wearing my PvP setup.

I was just wondering - in a general sense, what would be the best activities to run to get high light level gear. If I have already run the raid and CoE, would playing the strike playlist drop decent gear? CoO seems to be a bit deserted and I'm a bit low on Runes, so I might wait until I stand a chance at a 335 artifact drop before running it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This caught me out once or twice last week, a lot of the drops I had matched the light level of my max item - where as I was wearing my PvP setup

I essentially made my PvP Gear my top gear right off the bat. It's not lie Kings Fall Perks are really necessary

I was just wondering - in a general sense, what would be the best activities to run to get high light level gear

Do the Triple Down on the Hard Raid Challenge and share/rotate the gear between all characters. So if your character has 328 boots, and 329 boots drop, maybe give them to a character who has 325 boots and infuse them.

Aside from the Raid. See what factions you are close to ranking up and get the rank up packages while being max light

http://destinystatus.com/psn/ChimpAhoy

Looks like you're close enough with the Vanguard, so maybe do 3 Nightfalls before/after the reset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I was just wondering - in a general sense, what would be the best activities to run to get high light level gear. If I have already run the raid and CoE, would playing the strike playlist drop decent gear? CoO seems to be a bit deserted and I'm a bit low on Runes, so I might wait until I stand a chance at a 335 artifact drop before running it again.

The raid (with a bit of luck) got me the drops I needed to push me up to 334 on my 3 characters. 335 artifacts will drop in the raid too. I'm crossing my fingers that one of Oryx x3 this week will give me good helmets.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

PetKing wrote: »
    The raid (with a bit of luck) got me the drops I needed to push me up to 334 on my 3 characters. 335 artifacts will drop in the raid too. I'm crossing my fingers that one of Oryx x3 this week will give me good helmets.

I got most of my gear in the raid also. Run with your highest light character first, then transfer whatever you can to next highest and go again. Same with CoE. You may be better off running the 3 CoE runs before raiding, as you have more chances at drops in the raid (esp. Oryx) and the higher the LL you are, the better.

I essentially made my PvP Gear my top gear right off the bat. It's not lie Kings Fall Perks are really necessary

This is what caught me out last week, I've upgraded my PvP builds on 2 x characters this week, need to sort my Titan out, still a bit poor on materials.
    But I'm always decrypting on the highest light level.
    Looks like you're close enough with the Vanguard, so maybe do 3 Nightfalls before/after the reset

I've actually been doing pretty well out of the Crucible / Vanguard packages.
    Do the Triple Down on the Hard Raid Challenge and share/rotate the gear between all characters. So if your character has 328 boots, and 329 boots drop, maybe give them to a character who has 325 boots and infuse them.

I've been trying to do the challenge every week, I did see a bit of a bump up this week.

Basically what I'm asking is, besides the raid, what's the fastest way to earn high light level gear?

Nightfall is a bit crap recently.
    Does the strike playlist drop any decent gear? I played 2 strikes last night and got a few purples but they all decrypted at ~300 light.
    Trials dropped a good bit of gear alright, was impressed with the light levels.

• Advertisement

Basically what I'm asking is, besides the raid, what's the fastest way to earn high light level gear?

Proper Answer: Fastest is subjective given we're talking about RNG

Answer You Want: Trials Gold Tier Bounty and use several Tier 3 Runes in CoO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Proper Answer: Fastest is subjective given we're talking about RNG

Answer You Want: Trials Gold Tier Bounty and use several Tier 3 Runes in CoO

Kagoor was very generous this weekend. 5 335 artefacts.

Bare in mind Artifacts only contribute 8% of your overall light level. Weapons are 12%

Bare in mind Artifacts only contribute 8% of your overall light level. Weapons are 12%

Ah Jaysus lad, it's not a competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

When doing the raid challenge is it best to fit highest gear before killing Oryx this week or can you fit it just before collecting your engrams? I've been doing the challenges then fitting the gear and collecting the loot but have seen othersd online saying they do it differently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,127 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Madman2 wrote: »
    When doing the raid challenge is it best to fit highest gear before killing Oryx this week or can you fit it just before collecting your engrams? I've been doing the challenges then fitting the gear and collecting the loot but have seen othersd online saying they do it differently?

There was a thread on Reddit last week saying it is based on when you get the kill.

Kagoor was very generous this weekend. 5 335 artefacts.

What light level were you when these dropped? I seem to only get get them dropping 1 LL above my current light.

Cormac, thanks for telling me what I wanted to hear.

I guess all this is redundant as the Oryx challenge starts tomorrow, which should sort out my light level woes. I might save my runes until next week and chance the CoO when I'm a little higher.

Loot Piñata!!!

What light level were you when these dropped? I seem to only get get them dropping 1 LL above my current light.

Cormac, thanks for telling me what I wanted to hear.

I guess all this is redundant as the Oryx challenge starts tomorrow, which should sort out my light level woes. I might save my runes until next week and chance the CoO when I'm a little higher.

At the time Hunter was 331 and Titan was 330.

There was a thread on Reddit last week saying it is based on when you get the kill.

I think read that same thread and it sounded like very anecdotal evidence...

How to get high light level items - cool infographic:

GAZZyc4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

biggest picture ever..... had to scroll right to add a thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have to disagree with the RARE engrams, I have had them decrypt to 320 ;)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    biggest picture ever..... had to scroll right to add a thanks

When I opened it up in Imgur, it was huge - but when I embedded it onto the boards page, it was fine for me. It's not even stretching my display past full screen.

I'm now 328, 327 & 324 - that's using the Ishtar Commander app to maximise my light on all characters.

Managed to get, 1 full raid, 2 Oryx challenge, 2 CoE this week.

Characters are currently sitting on: 333, 331, 330!

Not bad for a weeks work. #LootPiñata

• Advertisement

My hunter has the no time to explain gun equipped. Can't remember getting it but have a vague recollection that Johnny Civic was involved.
    Can't even remember the last leg of the quest?

gimli2112 wrote:
    My hunter has the no time to explain gun equipped. Can't remember getting it but have a vague recollection that Johnny Civic was involved. Can't even remember the last leg of the quest?

Ypu have to fight that floating yoke in the room where you fight Atheon at the end of VoG, but it's backwards and overgrown with grass and stuff.

Ypu have to fight that floating yoke in the room where you fight Atheon at the end of VoG, but it's backwards and overgrown with grass and stuff.

literally have no recollection

gimli2112 wrote:

I only did it the once, but remember it being fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

My hunter has the no time to explain gun equipped. Can't remember getting it but have a vague recollection that Johnny Civic was involved.
    I only did it the once, but remember it being fun.

Gimli, it was indeed me and you that both got our NTTE last weekend :P
    Remember you had to share play with me to get you thru that pools mission then we had to enrage that fecker in the black garden and hammer him with our swords. You screamed so loud :P

Lol I must have been hammered to let you into my account

Lol I must have been hammered to let you into my account

You were actually not too drunk and I didnt take control I was only viewing you so I could talk you through where to go.

jonnycivic wrote:
    You screamed so loud

Really? Gimli?!

jonnycivic wrote:
    You screamed so loud

Really? Gimli?!

• Advertisement

Really? Gimli?!