Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swollen Ankle from myofascial release?

Options
  • 22-03-2016 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hey,

I woke up this morning with a pretty swollen and painful ankle. To the best of knowledge I haven't twisted it or had any impacts to it. I can't find any insect bites either. The only thing, I think, could have caused it would be the myofascial release and trigger point massage I gave my calf the night before. The area around my calf and ankle are pretty tender but no bruising or anything. Does this sound plausible? And if so, why?
    I had been feeling a tightness in my calf so I spent a while rolling a lacrosse ball on the sole of my foot, foam rolling and targeting specific areas in my calf with my fingers and then stretching.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

Advertisement