Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I do

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Thats all the credit is.

20% of policy upto a maximum of €1000 per adult on the policy and €500 per child on the policy.

Thanks.

My rent tax credit was way higher than this a few years ago, where is the rent tax credit got from/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Thanks.

My rent tax credit was way higher than this a few years ago, where is the rent tax credit got from/

It's going to be phased out completely, so it's been getting smaller and smaller as the years go on.

It's going to be phased out completely, so it's been getting smaller and smaller as the years go on.

Thank you. Is there anything in its place ?

Why is it being phased out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Thank you. Is there anything in its place ?

Why is it being phased out

No replacement.

Government decision during the financial crisis.

20% of policy upto a maximum of €1000 per adult on the policy and €500 per child on the policy.

so if I pay 2300 per year for health insurance and I have a wife 2 children, how is this worked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

so if I pay 2300 per year for health insurance and I have a wife 2 children, how is this worked out.

What is the split between each person?

looking at your credits it would seem to be understated - you seem to be just getting 20% of 1000

just give Revenue a ring with the breakdown of the premium between adults and children - depending on the breakdown you should potentially be getting more

What is the split between each person?

how do you mean ?

EDIT: My wife is no longer working, I am the only earner and we are jointly assessed

how do you mean ?

EDIT: My wife is no longer working, I am the only earner and we are jointly assessed

You are paying 2300 for 4 people

What are the costs per person?

Also - the credit is only available if your employer is paying the medical insurance (you get it at source if paying yourself)

Are they paying the full 2300?

You are paying 2300 for 4 people

What are the costs per person?

Also - the credit is only available if your employer is paying the medical insurance (you get it at source if paying yourself)

Are they paying the full 2300?

Hi, the 2300 was an example, i checked the real figures and they look like this:

> 1217.63 Euro for my medical insurance
    > 1217.63 for my wife's medical insurance
    > 731.90 for the 2 children's medical insurance.

Which adds up to 3167.17 for yearly health insurance, this seems very high for a just above basic package

Work pays for this but via a flex it system.

Hi, the 2300 was an example, i checked the real figures and they look like this:

> 1217.63 Euro for my medical insurance
    > 1217.63 for my wife's medical insurance
    > 731.90 for the 2 children's medical insurance.

Which adds up to 3167.17 for yearly health insurance, this seems very high for a just above basic package

Work pays for this but via a flex it system.

If work are paying this and you are not contributing anything you are due more of a credit . just call revenue with the amounts ( not sure if you can do it on payeanytime !) You can go back 4 years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I was trying to figure this out, can you claim that credit during the same tax year or do you wait until the following tax year to claim it for the previous year?

Advertisement