Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Darcy Show 19th March 2016

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Reading this thread is far more enjoyable than watching the show.

Agreed. I love the thread, but can't stand the show.

The thought of watching Darcy and Duffy ... there wouldn't be enough alcohol in the house to sedate me through that, even if I were to buy out the local off licence, and every supermarket for miles around. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

4863003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Big Pat Rabbitte head on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

If you listen back to the interview.....

D'Arcy says to him..." you're not working class any more "
    Joe Duffy..."well I do work."

You wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry at them. :pac::(:pac::(:pac:
    Starts at 19:40 here http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/the-ray-darcy-show-30003587/10548376/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,220 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Great work if you can get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

NIMAN wrote: »
    It was hard to understand watching Ray and Joe last night during their chat how RTE can justify paying these 2 guys the guts of €900,000 between them annually.

I'd rate Duffy ahead of D'Arcy as a radio broadcaster at least. Like him or loathe him, Duffy is skillful enough in his Liveline role. D'Arcy on the other hand can often be car crash even in his radio interviews.

would agree with that. D'arcy is an amateur.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'd rate Duffy ahead of D'Arcy as a radio broadcaster at least. Like him or loathe him, Duffy is skillful enough in his Liveline role. D'Arcy on the other hand can often be car crash even in his radio interviews.

What liveline are you listening to

Joe is fairly poor in LL too imho.

He rarely asks the difficult (and sometimes obvious) questions of callers. And he often has an agenda when chatting to people. To do his job he should be less biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Joe is fairly poor in LL too imho.

He rarely asks the difficult (and sometimes obvious) questions of callers. And he often has an agenda when chatting to people. To do his job he should be less biased.

I would agree that he often lets his personal bias and opinions come through which is not very professional, but he's competent enough as an interviewer.

D'Arcy is a disaster in comparison, his interviews often become tetchy and almost bad tempered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,965 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Agreed. I love the thread, but can't stand the show.

The thought of watching Darcy and Duffy ... there wouldn't be enough alcohol in the house to sedate me through that, even if I were to buy out the local off licence, and every supermarket for miles around. :D

Caught a few mins of the repeat there..... To think we contribute to the massively inflated salaries of these two talentless windbags winds me up no end. Darcy is just a bit of a useless village idiot but that cretinious windbag Duffy..... Jesus... For a fella who is supposed to make a living from listening to others he isn't half in love with himself and his own voice. Bore the hole off a corpse.... Prime time entertainment and this is the best we can do ????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Strazdas wrote: »
    I would agree that he often lets his personal bias and opinions come through which is not very professional, but he's competent enough as an interviewer.

But I think the worst thing about Duffy is how unbelievably RUDE he is, and he's getting worse. There should be a minimum level of manners that the presenter of Liveline should have and a minimum level of respect for the callers, but Duffy falls well below both standards frequently. And it's not coincidental that it usually happens when it's somebody who raises a point that he doesnt agree with, when the show is meant to have nothing to do with his opinions at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,039 ✭✭✭✭walshb

would agree with that. D'arcy is an amateur.

Talk about being generous. There's more chance that a randomer on the street could at least match D'Arcy!

Advertisement