Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gain weight?

Options
  • 19-03-2016 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi just looking for some info for my partners diet. He leaves the house at six for work without a breakfast,usually has a coffee before work. Lunch time would be a roll,McDonald's or one of those kinda lunches if I don't feel like making one for him. Dinner is the same as mine I follow slimming world a bit so it's usually one of them low fat meals. In terms of munchies he might have a bag of crisps or a few biscuits in the evening. Doesn't drink.

Anyway, he's complaining he feels like he lost a bit of weight ,although he is lean with muscles he is skinny if that makes sense.
    What I want to know is if there is anyway I can bulk up he's meals , what foods I should incorporate. Or should he invest in some protein shakes?

Does a few trx sessions at home from YouTube etc nothing major weight wise. Have another baby on the way so no time for gym yet so focusing on the diet side of things.

Any ideas would be great thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Easiest thing to do is have bigger portions of what he has. He just needs more calories if he wants to gain weight.

A protein shake is about 120-130 kcals so while there's nothing wrong with that, there are less expensive ways of getting more calories on board. Bigger portions being one.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Easiest thing to do is have bigger portions of what he has. He just needs more calories if he wants to gain weight.

A protein shake is about 120-130 kcals so while there's nothing wrong with that, there are less expensive ways of getting more calories on board. Bigger portions being one.

Ya that's true,maybe I could get in some high calorie snacks for the lunch and evenings. Thanks a million

ja1986 wrote: »
    Ya that's true,maybe I could get in some high calorie snacks for the lunch and evenings. Thanks a million

It depends on what he's lost in terms of weight. It doesn't need to be that much but adding something in and then seeing how that works and tweaking as needs be should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

It depends on what he's lost in terms of weight. It doesn't need to be that much but adding something in and then seeing how that works and tweaking as needs be should help.

Well he would be 11 1/2 stone now I think at 5'10,35yrs old. Hes a bit skinny but has muscles if that makes sense, I suppose he's lean but definitely smaller now. I could make more fattening foods but that will only make me gain weight. Wouldn't mind he's metabolism actually!

You don't need to make more fattening anything. He just needs more calories. He could probably clean up his diet a bit but as it stands, he just needs to up his calorie intake. Not hugely...just talking about maybe 200 kcals a day, seeing how that goes and tweaking up or down as needs be. It's not a huge amount. A bag of Maltesers is ~190 kcals for example. Not the best example, admittedly, but its just to illustrate

• Advertisement
Advertisement