Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 6 | Episode 14 | Twice as Far [AMC] [SPOILERS]

• 17-03-2016 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 6

Episode 14 - "Twice As Far"

Airdate - March 20th on AMC at 9/8c | March 21st on FOX UK at 9pm

Two separate groups leave Alexandria for supplies, and they both worry over the future, immediate danger will derail them.

Trivia | This episode marks Michael Cudlitz's (Abraham) and Josh McDermitt's (Eugene) 25th appearances on the show

Promo

Sneak Peek

Sneak Peek 2

How did you rate this episode? 93 votes

0%
    2%
    Also Starring LeVar BurtonSquire Ladd 2 votes
    8%
    DVD-Lotsskipper_GPirateShampooMillFieldFURETsabhail[Deleted User]Totoro88 8 votes
    31%
    YakuzaSandWashoutLizardKingHoward the DuckdellyNUTZZBaby4namloc1980viztopiawillowthewispTeyla Emmaganshnethbgavmcg92GavRedKingirish_stevo815Rothmansdr.kenneth noisewaterAlonso77Lionbacker 29 votes
    23%
    La_GordyMr.Nice GuyRob30888DuffMr VeloAdamBtomred1Hank ScorpioobriendjIang87charlietheminxxZemuppetfreewheelerrednoggindexter647brianregan09pc7brijayRothkomartomcg 22 votes
    19%
    Lone Stonefrashnc6000Collie Dbanteenok2008LionelNasheShane St.Sudden ValleyJofspringMonifeOmackeralalchemist33tommy2badMagpie1951Mac BmzunguTomagotchye 18 votes
    6%
    ShaneUlongshanksCrackleLiamalonesecondrowgalInto The Blue 6 votes
    4%
    parttimecc87CramCyclemickoneill31 4 votes
    2%
    geeceecroo 2 votes
    2%
    terryduff12beach_walker 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That was a fantastic episode - probably one of my favourite Walking Dead's ever. Even before the **** hit the fan and when other people were presumably pissed off that it was slow paced, I was loving every second as it centered around my three favourite character, Eugene, Abraham and Daryl, and I also really like Rosita and Denise, so to have those 5 as the central characters this episode really appealed to me.

I was genuinely shocked when Denise died, I didn't see it coming and usually I have an idea from the comics when and how certain characters die, but this one came from left field for me.

I'm in that minority of viewers, that never really cared all that much about Carol - I don't dislike her or anything and she can be bad ass at times, but I just don't rate her as other seem to, so her leaving (even if it's probably only temporary) doesn't bother me to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

8/10

very tense. as soon as she wanted to join daryl out scavenging you knew she'd be put in danger. she kept wandering off and it felt like an exercise in ''lets get myself killed''. I was waiting for that arrow the whole episode, especially when she was stood talking and vomiting for a good bit. when she launched into that speech, she was a goner. any time a character shows strength, promise, steps up, finds meaning, gets major development and screentime, they get cut short. but a character like denise is disposable in the long run. I was expecting a tara or Abraham death.

Dwight seemed a good bit different to when we saw him in the woods nicking daryls bike and bow. aside from the obvious burnt face, hes more unhinged, like negan's got to him.

where will they go with carol? I read spoilery bits so I have an idea, but i'll shut up now :)

roll on next week.

Wow Ive stuck up for walking dead a lot in the past and have enjoyed this season so far but that was muck.

You have a doctor (high value community member) but bring her on a unplanned run. O but she can pick put the medicine ah we will bring it all anyways now we are here. (common sense 0)

The forshadowing came across obvious to me at least.

Fight sence one of the worst so far. Rossita had a gun that could have taken all them people walking out of the forest in a few seconds

An Episode built around the weakest actors is never good. (bar Dayrl good but limited)

And the love story is done so bad and contrived it was up there with Corrie.

Not sure if Im in a bad mood or what but i'd struggle a 2 and I love this show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

did daryl take the arrow out of denise and re use it! Shame to waste it :-o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

enjoyed that - Abe normally bugs the life out of me, he's growing on me at last, so that's him for the chopper!

2 observations - how could Denise's brother be 6 months older than him (unless she was seriously premature) and did anyone cop Daryl's tricolour arrangement of his arrows

don't know the deal with Carol - sad to see her leave but she lost some of her get up and go in the last few eps - haven't read the comics so can only hope that she'll be back to save the day a-la Terminus, but if anyone wants to PM me what actually happens I wouldn't be gutted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

cjmcork wrote: »

2 observations - how could Denise's brother be 6 months older than him (unless she was seriously premature) and did anyone cop Daryl's tricolour arrangement of his arrows

I'd have to rewatch it but I'm almost sure she said 6 minutes, not 6 months.

Good episode. Slow burner but enjoyable none the less. Didn't expect that to happen to Denise, especially like that. Came out of nowhere. Daryl also looks mightily pissed off, which can only bode well for the last 2 episodes.

"You know how to bite a dick Eugene. I mean that with the utmost respect" - Abe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

I'd have to rewatch it but I'm almost sure she said 6 minutes, not 6 months.

Good episode. Slow burner but enjoyable none the less. Didn't expect that to happen to Denise, especially like that. Came out of nowhere. Daryl also looks mightily pissed off, which can only bode well for the last 2 episodes.

"You know how to bite a dick Eugene. I mean that with the utmost respect" - Abe :D

thank god - cos I thought 'I know you have to suspend belief with some things - never ending ammo, cigarettes, but biology!'......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Denise deserved that for all her yakking. They should really be more quiet when out and about, considering that Carol & Maggie decided to have a shouting match in the woods two weeks ago and brought the saviours down on top of themselves.

I don't remember why that Dwight guy had reason to be pissed off at Darryl. I'll have to wiki it.
    Edit: I'm no wiser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

I don't remember why that Dwight guy had reason to be pissed off at Darryl. I'll have to wiki it.

I don't think he is, I think it's the other way around. Dwight just knows Daryl hates him, stealing all his stuff and that. Dwight seemed almost gleeful that he had come back to haunt Daryl again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

What a fantastic episode! What are they doing bringing the weaker group members out and about when they know there's danger in the form of saviours out there?

Very upset to see Denise die, I really liked her character, her comedy and awkwardness.

Love what they've done with dwights face!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

They're called bolts not arrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Was kind of building to someone dying and thought that the doctor was the most likely and she was on the show the shortest time. so not unexpected but yeah a dumb move to risk the life of the only doctor in town. Also as soon as you have 2 lesbians on the show they always kill one off so the other lesbian can die alone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Didn't enjoy that episode. I'm usually not one for nit picks, but bringing the only effing doctor in your base out into the field was a complete face-palm moment. And the argument of 'I can ID the drugs', only for them to say 'nah it's cool, we're taking them all anyway' when they get there was just mind numbingly bad writing. Also, when Denise started going off on one on the tracks I had to bury my head in my hands - just when you think the show has shed the ridiculous monologues they come back in full force. At least this one was put down with a bolt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

That metal headed walker was up there with swamp walker as the coolest walker this series!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

"You know how to bite a dick, Eugene. I mean that with the utmost respect."

Probably my fave ep in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

As is to be expected from an episode of TWD this episode was riddled with moments of idiocy.

The intro of this episode was so long, boring and drawn out that I thought I was watching some artistic French perfume ad. I was expecting 'Chanel' to flash on the screen any second. You know an episode has been designated filler when they reuse the same shot over and over again.

As this episode wore on I felt like this was going to be one of the worst I've seen. An episode seemingly devoted to Denise, surely the most annoying lesbian character on TV since Tara from Buffy The Vampire Slayer, was an awful prospect.

And yet again we had the tired out shtick of a character facing emotional pain and rather than open up about it, instead walking off in a huff to drag out the 'drama' a little bit more. It's so beyond redundant at this stage. She didn't even have the decency to tell Daryl and Rosita to put that walker out of its misery before she had her dramatic walkout.

Then her passionate defence of her moronic decision to put herself in danger. 'Do you have any idea what that means to me?' No, because you won't f*cking talk about your emotions. Oh my goodness as I listened to her go on and on about how she respects Rosita and Daryl I was the one about to vomit. It reminded me of an Amy Schumer skit. 'I just sooooooooo love you guys.' At this point I was thinking this episode was about 5/10 territory at best.

And then that arrow came.

Robin Hood, Legolas, The Green Arrow...surely none of them have fired an arrow greeted with the amount of sheer relief from the audience as this one. This arrow instantly shot the episode up into the realm of 8/10, easy.

But then the writers can't help but do something stupid. After a moment of pure win we have Eugene biting a guy on the c*ck. I mean, really? THIS was his grand plan to save the day? He nearly got Abraham killed for a plan that involved him biting a guy's crotch through his clothing (and jeans too, I think?) and not only that, but it actually WORKED? Bollocks! Literally bollocks!

This soured me when I was just on such a high note, but I have to take into account the welcome news that Solid Snake aka Carol is seemingly gone for a while now. This is as good as we can hope for since they're obviously not going to kill her off what with her super combat skills and all. I also have to take into account that Glenn was not there which is always good news and means I don't have to dock the obligatory mark for his presence.

Overall I'm feeling a 7/10 whizzing through the air for this episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the zombie apocolypse is not for heartfelt speeches its for keeping your eyes peeled

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Foreshadowing: Zombie at the start impaled with a metal bar stuck through his mouth. Fade shot of Eugene walking in the background with Abraham. Eugene ending up biting dick.

Carol smoking cigarettes.

Bolt through the eye of lady doctor.

Episode will stick in my head for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Denise deserved that for all her yakking. They should really be more quiet when out and about, considering that Carol & Maggie decided to have a shouting match in the woods two weeks ago and brought the saviours down on top of themselves.

Edit: I'm no wiser.

Yeah I didn't remember Matthew McConaughey's mutant brother either

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Thought it was v good episode, suspense fantastic all through. Re Dr going out, I thought you could see why she'd want to tbh....

Abe, have to love him...!

What happened Dwight?? Overall great episode

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

That was fairly average.

As soon as the Doc got into her monologue ye could see the death coming a mile away.

Thats Carol gone for the rest of this season anyways.

Looking forward to the last two episodes though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

mzungu wrote: »
    That was fairly average.

As soon as the Doc got into her monologue ye could see the death coming a mile away.

Thats Carol gone for the rest of this season anyways.

Looking forward to the last two episodes though.

Yup, I was thinking the same thing, only I thought it might be a walker. When she started talking sh!te, I just thought 'uh-oh'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Solid episode. Good riddance to the Doc, a very annoying character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I liked Denise and if I'm not mistaken she was the only surviving new character who we've really got to know, apart from Enid who annoys the living sh*te out of me.

Abe really does have the best lines these days.

I don't get the hate for Denise?? As to be expected some of the characters are cartoon like personalities with superpowers at this stage whilst she was the sort of character to keep things grounded. This episode she was a bit annoying in parts and I suppose you could argue we were more exposed than ever to her but as for the last 16 episodes or so I couldn't see any issues with her.
    Just a normal person! In the grand scheme of things as a character her departure won't impact on fans really but I don't get her character being disliked!

What will be tiresome is how they'll be able to recruit a new doctor straight away. I know hilltop has a doctor so that will probably strengthen their bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I don't get the hate for Denise?? As to be expected some of the characters are cartoon like personalities with superpowers at this stage whilst she was the sort of character to keep things grounded.

Yeah I don't get the hate for her either myself. She had been the only one of the Alexandrians that we'd gotten to know in any detail and she was one of the few characters resembling a 'normal' person any more. It's starting to feel like the Alexandrians exist just as Star Trek 'redshirts' to get killed off in place of Rick's group. I do agree with earlier posters however that it was beyond stupid for the only medic in the settlement to go out scavenging. Especially since her rationale for going, to identify the meds, was rendered pointless when Daryl & Rosita just grabbed everything they could and would sort it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

the tree going across the road....., how are they not prepared for this kind of stuff by now. Just drive the truck over the tree or drive around it. I bet that part was originally written with them being in a car, which wouldn't have been able to go offroad/over the tree, but then they shoehorned in the part of Denise knowing how to 'drive stick'.

Daryl not being able to drive a 'stick', yeah ok. The guy built the motorbike from the ground up and was always a poor redneck, I'd be surprised if he had ever driven anything with 4 wheels that wasn't a manual old pickup truck.

I usually don't mind the usual walking dead stupidity but honestly him not being able to drive a manual car is just annoying. I'm sure even Americans who have never used a manual gearbox even think that's a ridiculous moment.

As well with the manufacturing their own bullets. Fair enough Abraham thinking it was a good idea because nobody had thought to do it, but the 'you can do that, just with the stuff here?'.. if by just the stuff here, you mean a fully furnished workshop with every tool imaginable, then yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I really like Denise, she was so awkward and bumbling and cute :(

Well here's hoping neither Abraham or Eugene go anywhere soon. Their scenes together this week we're Gold. Apart from great lines, both characters have been superbly consistent for last two seasons. Only yawn moment was the expediency of the Sasha thing but they only played that out to accomodate the comic and hopefully it will allow the character of Rosita (god how sexy was it when she said her name to Dwight!!) to grow as we know zero about her. Last night parts of her personality emerged.

Eugene scared face is a site to behold! The day he smiles will be a momentous occasion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

I didn't mind the character of Denise, but the"acting" she displayed was woeful.

How is this season coming along? I got bored a few episodes back. I might binge it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

When they arrived at the fallen tree and decided to ditch the pick up to walk the Forrest/railroad to their destination, why didn't they just drive on the railroad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Yakult wrote: »
    When they arrived at the fallen tree and decided to ditch the pick up to walk the Forrest/railroad to their destination, why didn't they just drive on the railroad?

the truck didn't have a plot device fitted. It was stupid. They could have driven around or over the tree or dragged it out of the way or driven on the railroad tracks

I usually don't mind the usual walking dead stupidity but honestly him not being able to drive a manual car is just annoying. I'm sure even Americans who have never used a manual gearbox even think that's a ridiculous moment.

American here. Nope, totally believable. My dad won't drive outside the US because he finds manual cars so difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I liked Denise but that's probably because I couldn't seperate her from her character in Nurse Jackie.

Most people don't tend to like the more normal characters like her. Generally, it's the more cartoonish characters like Terminator Carol, Shaolin Monk Morgan, Sniper Daryl, Samurai Michonne that get all the love. Glad that Carol is starting to crack though, her character was in danger of jumping multiple sharks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

the moment they took her out i was like yep gonna die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm sure glad the Crossbow is okay!

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭maik3n

Yeah I didn't remember Matthew McConaughey's mutant brother either
    Hehe, during the great walker migration/re-location effort at the start of season 6, Daryl, Abe and Sasha got separated.

Daryl, out fending for himself, was then captured by Dwight and his 2 lady friends.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4719674/mediaindex?ref_=tt_pv_mi_sm
    1 lady friend was killed by a walker and Dwight and the other lady friend then car-jacked Daryls motorbike. :cool:

Judging by the scar on Dwights face, I'd hazard a guess that perhaps Negan caught him and punished him for trying to run away.
    Dwight probably blames Daryl for this and/or Negan has ordered him to get revenge for Daryl sending an RPG at his motorbike minions. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Well most of my thoughts on the episode have already been posted, but here's a couple of things I noticed:

They didn't show any hint of some sort of funeral for Denise. I don't think it merited more than the sight of a few of the group walking away from the grave, including maybe Gabriel holding his bible...instead we just got Carol and Daryl grimly filling in the hole with nobody else there or no 'due ceremony'. I guess this is to signify how jaded the group have become with death. Denise wasn't a major character but we've seen them hold funerals before, or at least pass comment by a graveside. It seems like the group now accept that death is inevitable, so no need to make a big deal about it, I guess?

Also, did I miss something or did Carol just take up smoking recently? I don't ever remember seeing her smoke before that episode when the Wolves attacked and she lit up at the end of the episode, IIRC. Is this part of her coping strategy for the new phase she's entering?

I also thought that Josh McDermitt was a hoot on TTD. Sometimes it's so refreshing to see people who are so different than the character they portray :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Found it a bit weird that Dwight went from a guy running away from Negan to what seems to be a leader in Negans group.

• Advertisement

Jofspring wrote: »
    Found it a bit weird that Dwight went from a guy running away from Negan to what seems to be a leader in Negans group.

In fairness there's a lot less competition for "leader in Negan's group" now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'm starting to feel like I'm watching a different show than everyone else. I sat there bored for 45 minutes before anything interesting happened and then it lasted a whole 5 minutes. I get that it can't be a constant zombie-kill-fest but I'm finding it less and less entertaining as the weeks go by. Just my 2 cents...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I thought how Denise kept talking after the arrow was a nice touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    In fairness there's a lot less competition for "leader in Negan's group" now.

We don't know that yet though. Could be hundreds in Negans group for all we know.
    smash wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel like I'm watching a different show than everyone else. I sat there bored for 45 minutes before anything interesting happened and then it lasted a whole 5 minutes. I get that it can't be a constant zombie-kill-fest but I'm finding it less and less entertaining as the weeks go by. Just my 2 cents...

Thought this week was the first really slow episode in a long while and it finished strong at least.

Plenty of plot wholes again though. Dwight running away 20 yards away from Rosita and Daryl, passing out abraham on the way and nobody managed to shoot him. It was a fairly easy kill considering he was running into open space and was a clear target.

The only annoying thing I have is the way the Americans, mainly celebs and people on the Talkign Dead keep going on about this show like its a masterpiece. I can get over plot holes but let's not make out like it's something that it is not.

The only annoying thing I have is the way the Americans, mainly celebs and people on the Talkign Dead keep going on about this show like its a masterpiece. I can get over plot holes but let's not make out like it's something that it is not.

In fairness a show like the Talking Dead which rides on the coattails and only exists due to The Walking Dead is hardly going to do anything but big it up!

As someone who read the comics online I acknowledge that there are some cartoonish aspects but I tend to just focus moreso on the strengths which reign through for me moreso than the plot holes. If, like a few posters here it seems, I focused moreso on what may be perceived as plot holes I wouldn't enjoy it at all!

I don't think many people think it's a masterpiece at all but it's doing its function of bringing alive the comics and it's doing more than a fine job in my opinion!

In fairness a show like the Talking Dead which rides on the coattails and only exists due to The Walking Dead is hardly going to do anything but big it up!

In fairness, it's great PR. He's done Talking Bad, Talking Dead and Talking Saul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

did they say they were negan?
    I may have missed that?

Mr E wrote: »
    I thought how Denise kept talking after the arrow was a nice touch.
    Really? To me it was almost as comedic as the opening scene to tropic thunder. It would have been much more effective if she'd been hit and just dropped as she was saying the last word.

Really? To me it was almost as comedic as the opening scene to tropic thunder. It would have been much more effective if she'd been hit and just dropped as she was saying the last word.

It does happen though in many such instances although the clarity of the words may not be as such

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I was the same, was going poorly until near the end. Some parts were fine but overall it felt like nothing was happening until near the end. Not as good as the rest of the season but average overall.

• Advertisement
Advertisement