Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car shops with performance parts

Options
  • 13-03-2016 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All

Does anyone know if there is any car shops in Ireland that has performance parts and has finance ?

even if they are not in Ireland but can supple finance to Irish citizens

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

What are you looking for? Performance parts for what type of car?
    Presume it's a Golf going by your username.

I've never heard of anywhere here offering finance. It's available in the UK alright but I doubt you would be approved living here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Any performance mods will need to be declared to the insurance company. Something as simple as upgrading the air filter can add a couple of hundred to your insurance, so think twice before pimping your ride.

There was a recent thread on here about a guy having his modded bmw taken off him. You might consider reading the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

financing car modifications is a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 vwgolf2000

yeh in England you have to live the for 3 years + and yeh iv a golf :)

haha be ****ed if im telling my insurance company :) the upgrade from a polo to a golf already up €400 even tho there the same year

yeh i know its kinda a bad idea but iv not got the money and would want it looking tasty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There are loads of second hand upgrade bits floating around for mk4s now, they've got to the age where some are getting scrapped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

vwgolf2000 wrote: »

haha be ****ed if im telling my insurance company :)

Best of luck getting a pay out if you are involved in anything would be my only advice there. I've first hand seen an assessor crack open a car and inspect the bay for uprated parts. You can get some lee-way if they are signed off by the manufacturer e.g. VXR / OPC parts from Vauxhall but anything third party, not a hope.

Any reason you want to finance modifications? If you were going that route you'd be better off going to a tuning company and getting the car brought up a few stages. Credit Union loan would be the lowest interest rate possible and would be a better idea than straight finance. Downside is you won't see any of the money you put into it unless its a very good chassis to begin with or a rare / exotic build. If cars are a money pit, financing modification would be a quarry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

vwgolf2000 wrote: »
    yeh in England you have to live the for 3 years + and yeh iv a golf :)

haha be ****ed if im telling my insurance company :) the upgrade from a polo to a golf already up €400 even tho there the same year

yeh i know its kinda a bad idea but iv not got the money and would want it looking tasty :)

So, you're happy driving around with void insurance? Do you know the lad in the thread below? If not, you'll get on real well.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057564109

Advertisement