Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Villa v Tottenham

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is the morale really that high at the club? There always seems a demeanour to me that the players either don't enjoy it or don't get on. Even after a goal it's all very reserved, Eriksen especially looks like his dog just died.

There's me thinking its been the opposite for about 5 months now. With only the past two games looking glum.

When was the last time you seen a Spurs player argue with another on the pitch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Oh I definitely wouldn't say I've ever seen arguing or really bad feeling. A big contrast just hit me when I seen Spurs goals yesterday compared to some other teams, maybe because it was Villa and there was nerves but you never could say it looks like pure joy.
    Probably reading too much into it though and focusing too much on Eriksen. He is just a more reserved character I think.

You should watch some of the Spurstv videos. They all look like they're enjoying life.

Dele Alli and Dier look like best friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

irishmover wrote: »
    You should watch some of the Spurstv videos. They all look like they're enjoying life.

Dele Alli and Dier look like best friends.

Yes there really is a very close bond between lots of the players, Alli, Dier, Son, Lamela, Winks, Mason, Carroll. From the Barcelona vids Eriksen comes across as a little more reserved than the rest, it's just him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Thats the absolute complete opposite of what i think..... i think our celebrations are brilliant...Watford away as an example?

Did you see Inacheo celebrating when he equalised at Maine Road a few weeks ago....Not one of the City players ran over to him.. :eek::eek: at the corner flag !!!! The thick on his knees pointing up to someone up in the sky!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

best team spirit I can remember in any Spurs side

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Definitely no issue with morale at the club. Looking at any goal celebration, you can see how much it means to the team as a whole.

As for the Villa game, we did our best to throw that away at the end, but apart from that it was pretty easy. On to Bournemouth now, who are on a nice run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I don't think goal celebrations are a great measure of team morale. They might provide a clue one way or another, but real morale is shown in the team's resilience when the chips are down. Spurs have shown plenty of that this season and come out with smiles on their faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭sunnyday1234

watch the players reaction when we got the last minute winner away to watford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Glebee

Also liking the way Poch goes to every single player at the end of the match and then over to the fans..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We've a happy squad at the moment thankfully,don't know how anyone could think anything else tbh.

Advertisement