Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New program and supplements

Options
  • 12-03-2016 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi All,

Couple of questions I am hoping you can answer. I've been doing the Jason Blaha 5x5 for quite some time and had good results in weight loss/toning but am becoming a little tired of it and the results are wearing thin. I'm thinking of moving to a new program but am looking for some recommendations.

My goal is to tone up and add more muscle while shedding the last few bits of flab. I am thinking of a program that keeps the core movements of the 5x5 but a split (probably 3 day) to work out specific groups on the days. Can someone recommend a good program?

Also, I am looking into a few more supplements as my diet is pretty good. The two I am wondering about is BCAA and pre-workout. I was just going to go for the pre-workout but a buddy of mine suggested looking into BCAA instead or in combination. Can I use both of these and when is the best time to use both? Or should I stick to just one and if so which one would you recommend?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Also, I am looking into a few more supplements as my diet is pretty good. The two I am wondering about is BCAA and pre-workout. I was just going to go for the pre-workout but a buddy of mine suggested looking into BCAA instead or in combination. Can I use both of these and when is the best time to use both? Or should I stick to just one and if so which one would you recommend?

Pre workout timing is fairly self explanatory. I don't see the point in them as they're generally just caffeine with some beta alanine. BCAAs are only really useful if training in a fasted state. If you eat a decent amount of protein you should have amino acids in your blood stream already.

Advertisement