Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardio Machines

Options
  • 06-03-2016 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭

What is the best machine for home use or are they all the same? Which burns the most/least calories and is there any other pros/cons?

Basically looking for something to use at home in the evenings and currently thinking one of them cross trainer machines however open to getting anything.

So would you recommend a Stationary Bike, cross trainer, treadmill, rowing machine or stepper or any other suggestions?

Thanks is advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,578 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If you're intent on getting a machine, the best one is the one you're likely to use.

More often than not, they end up as expensive clothes horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

personal preference is concept 2 rower or an airdyne

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

If you're looking at an airdyne, get an air assault bike instead. Air Dynes are beraking left right and centre in gyms right now. Don't know if its a manufacturing fault, or thru abuse though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Blackclaret

Try hiring a few different machines or take a short gym membership to see which you are likely to use best. I to would favour the erg, but know plenty who hate it. Pair of bluetooth headphones a good investment if you go down the rowing route.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Pair of bluetooth headphones a good investment if you go down the rowing route.

Yep, I've sliced the cable in two on a rowing machine before, decent pair too.

As others have said the best machine is the one you enjoy the most and will therefore keep using. Personally I get the best workout from a rower but would pick a bike if I was stuck with only one machine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Insanity DVD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

20 euro skipping rope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

strelok wrote: »
    20 euro skipping rope?

20 quid!!!!?

No recession there.

Advertisement