Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best first car for very nervous/cautious learner driver?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

My wife used to have a Honda Jazz and she loved it. It's much more practical than the Yaris. Boot is bigger and rear seats can be arranged several ways. It does very well on reliability indexes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I would recommend a Yaris also with that budget. Easy to drive, very reliable, hold their value well. I did a few of my driving lessons in one. Cheap to insure also!

That said I was in the same situation as you last year (new driver, same age) and I got a 2005 Fiesta. Brilliant car. Absolutely no problems at all with it. Kind of wish I had a faster car for the odd time I do a long journey however...but no need really. Big bigger than a Yaris and insurance is a bit more expensive. Also don't sell for as much, but are cheaper obviously. I didn't get a Yaris because I hate the look of them :o

So would recommend a Yaris or Fiesta! Almost bought a Micra but didn't enjoy driving it. Bit granny looking too..

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I loved my 05 Panda when I was driving small cars. Very easy to drive and cheap to run and insure.

Advertisement