Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 29 Matchday thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FFfix is saying 2 baps for Firmino at the moment!

Yeah 2 baps confirmed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Craig Dawson off 55th min

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm sure there will be plenty hurt by this Dawson substitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Olson booked

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Dawson off on 56 :( Could have done with those 5 points in my ML

80 points all out so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Rondon goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Rondon goal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

FT 1-0

After the no show from Varela, Cresswell subs into my team with his 1 point. Firmino coming good yet again today and getting the 2bp was nice though. 89 and up to my season best of 180k, hopefully can keep this form up and push on for a good finish!

DeGea's 2 leaves me on 101(-8) for the week.
    Should be green arrows all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Will finish on 99(-4). Should see a small rise tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

77..... not as good as most on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Aenaes wrote: »
    My bench is Alli, Alderweireld and Bellerin.

I sold Sanchez for GW28.

So, I finished on 87 points with 21 points on the bench with those three above. Hennessey was my other bench player, who scored zero.

A great week even though it was looking a disaster after that first game on Saturday, puts 55 points between me and second place in my league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Justr checked the scores. Firmino goal. Bad. No CS good. 1-0 WB great! Dawson off 55'. Vomiting...
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    I feel embarrassed. I feel ashamed.

What I am about to tell you all disgusts me to my very core. You will not see me in the same light again.

Yesterday, around 10am I made it known that Yaya and Silva were in miserable form and that I was opting for Sigurdsson as he had superior form.

That was definitely one transfer and I had a second available to me. The smart money was on Courtois to Hart.

But the more I thought about the season the more Yaya looked tempting to me.

Yaya. No goals or assists. Makes no sense to get him in.

So I got him in. I went against stats and form and brought him in because of the two fixtures and a hatred for how these types of moves have worked out so many times in this horrible b@stard of a season.

I feel sick to my stomach as he got 10 of my 92 points.

Please forgive me for I have sinned.
    What did I tell you ?
    iroced wrote: »
    It makes perfect sense not to touch them. Unless you wanna go for a one week punt. Now, not much has made sense so far this season, so you could be on to something.

-
    I thought yaya or silva made more sense than siggy. Although I would be more a fixtures over form type player. It didn't bother me that yaya didn't have returns in a good few weeks. He plays for a team that regularly scores 3+ goals at home and they were at home to the worst team in the league. Siggy of course was a good option but what swayed me towards a city mid is the fact that Swansea don't score many goals. If I still had my wildcard I'd have got siggy as well as a city mid as I had 2 f.ts but I need to be using my transfers on double gw players when the decision is marginal.
    Siggy & Yaya scored exactly similar in the end.

Not that sure Yaya was such a good option though. He's grumpy at the moment. He's a bit of a "diva". He's a bit hard to understand at times. He wants more recognition (through his salary for example) and despite already having the most important salary at City does not seem that happy about his situation :confused:. I know he did not like being beaten by Aubameyang for the best African player of last season; He did win the previous 3 but apparently the man wanted more, even without deserving it. So he seems to be in a state where he (really) plays when he (really) wants to.

My source is Philippe Auclair, French journalist that follows UK football for French media.
    I must have pretty much the same team as you: also 77 with Dawson to go!

Fully agree that in a weird way it doesn't feel like a great week, even though I'm over 30 pts above the GW average, and went to the top of one of my mini leagues.
    Now, with Dawson catastrophy today, it really is a bad GW. And I don't care that we'll probably end up well above the average (though maybe not that much above top10k average, maybe even below because of Firmino!).

And as I like to point out, when you're 20 pts behind the average you're aiming for, it doesn't matter how good or bad the GW is. Our 78 this GW equals a 30 in a 25 pts average GW where most of our opponents would get 50 pts.

Tonight, I really am disgusted. I know I won't but I really feel like quiting this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

Can somene tell me where this guy in my league has got 1pt today from?

scores.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Poker Face wrote: »
    Can somene tell me where this guy in my league has got 1pt today from?

scores.png

Lloris subbed in?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

callaway92 wrote: »
    Lloris subbed in?

I knew there had to be a reason but Guinness is to blame!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

85 (-4) brings me to 506k from 701k. Aim is to break 100k now. 38pts behind first in main league too. He only has 6 players for next GW so hopefully gain more ground there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm now 12 off 3rd, 20 off 2nd and 30 off first in my money league. 450k up to 150k.

Comeback on baby!!!

Up another 3k today to 15k.
    Firmino in for a hit (benching Fuchs) broke even which I'm happy with.
    Big decision for next week Aguero or Kane captain. Aguero for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

a healthy rise of 30 k up to 74k and well stacked for next week
    hope arsenal win or will lose an advantage over most as I have no arsenal or west brom !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Down 9k from yesterday but up 97k places overall to 57k. My gameweek rank was 847, safe to say my best ever gameweek so far! In 2nd place in my money league now and only 2 points behind the leader. My target was top 50k but now top 10k is well within my sights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Finished on 90 for the week and an OR of 1,281. Sitting nicely at top of Boards pay league and Finn Harps but alot of football to be played yet. Bench boost and triple captains gona be crucial. Still not sure what my plan of action is regarding wildcard. Have 11 for next week as it stands but that includes Ozil and Targett. Will probably do Lukaku out for Kane and may go without a goalkeeper rather than take a hit to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anyone on here get a red overall?? What a week :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Dropped back 1.5k today with no one playing. Overall, 11.5k to 5.5k with 90. Great week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

72 & red arrows in all my leagues.

24 points sitting on my bench is saddening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Climbed 25 places after dropping 42 last week! 6.5k OR.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Down 20k from yesterday to just on 100k. Happy with that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

532k to 399k. 9 out of 10 greens have seen a rise from 1.1m to now. Another jump next week hopefully and then it might be time to break out the gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Up from 28k to 13k. Next stop the top 10k hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

72 points, red arrows all round. 6,050 to 6,500 OR, could be worse.

Advertisement