Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Undertaker

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Well out of respect for his stature in the company they should have left it intact, but if they were to break it for anyone it would have made sense for someone like Reigns to do it. Brock Lesnar could and should have refused to do it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I was one of those guys who used to think the streak should never have been broken but as time goes on I do believe it being broken was the right call. Just the person to do it was the wrong man, Brock got zero benefit off it, even after Reigns beat Taker to hand him his second loss the crowd absolutely went nuts on Raw, that would have been magnified by 10000 if he had been THE guy to break it initially.

I suppose it's all with the benefit of hindsight too, The Shield hadn't fully taken off by Mania 30 they were on the card in a six man tag vs Kane and the New Age Outlaws iirc. It was only in the months after they really caught fire with the Evolution feud/Rollins turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,057 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

"The Undertaker should have retired undefeated. That streak should have been set in stone forever,”

- Kurt Angle

The Kurt Angle Show

There seems to be a fair bit of chat about the streak recently, I suppose it will always be a big deal discussion

Advertisement