Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20% off at Woodie's this weekend

Options
  • 07-05-2015 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

20% off this weekend, by text.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭bergipau

danjo-xx wrote: »
    20% off this weekend, by text.

How does that work. I need loads of decking oil and I was waiting for a sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Usually you have to have purchased something big at the store, when they take your contact number, then they send you a text to show at these sales

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

bergipau wrote: »
    How does that work. I need loads of decking oil and I was waiting for a sale

Pm me your number and I'll send u the text. Show em at the til and I'm 90% sure you'll be grand.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I usually get the texts but haven't this time - yet. They barely ask to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭roroliam

How does it work.????? There 40% more expensive on 80% of there product range . Go to your local hardware shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

roroliam wrote: »
    How does it work.????? There 40% more expensive on 80% of there product range . Go to your local hardware shop.

True. Unfortunately when the standard staff discount is 30% you know there has to be a good chunk off for the average punter to be getting a half decent deal.

Not a bargain, but nevertheless thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone please post the voucher or screenshot ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone please post the voucher or screenshot ??

Its a text offer only, you have to sign up to get them. Just say you got a text they don't really bother checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is there a code or something though? Looking for lots of paint which I want to reserve and collect but don't wanna pay full price.

There is usually a physical pdf voucher knocking around when these texts are sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

I got the text....just send a text with the below to yourself and show it to them at the til
    "Hurry! SAVE 20% at Woodie's Fri 8 - Sun 10. Just SHOW THIS TEXT instore. T&Cs apply, not valid on discount items, Showers,GardenPower. Unsub txt REMOVE to 50015"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

what is garden power? is this all garden stuff as I was hoping to buy a hose

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

casio4 wrote: »
    what is garden power? is this all garden stuff as I was hoping to buy a hose

I assume it means things like lawnmowers and such. I'm sure you'll be safe with a hose.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Valid Friday 8th to Sunday 10th May only.
    ONLINE Voucher Code: WDIY515 (Enter code at ‘Online Checkout’.)

Please present this voucher or display it on your smartphone before the transaction begins.
    when you shop at Woodie’s Some terms & conditions apply (see below)
    Treat your family & friends
    to this Advantage voucher SAVE
    Terms & Conditions. This voucher must be presented before the transaction begins. Only one voucher can
    be redeemed per transaction. Voucher will be retained by Woodie’s upon redemption. Cannot be used in
    conjunction with any other discount, such as loyalty schemes, Over ’s discount or any other voucher
    offers, special offers or during sale periods. Cannot be used on Garden Sheds, Electric Showers, Large
    Appliances, Lawnmowers, Garden Powertools, woodiespartyzone.ie or the purchasing of Gift Cards/
    Vouchers. Woodie’s reserves the right to reject any voucher that it deems in its sole discretion has been
    forged, defaced or otherwise tampered with. No cash alternative available with this voucher.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

TriStar6 wrote:
    Please present this voucher or display it on your smartphone before the transaction begins. when you shop at Woodie’s Some terms & conditions apply (see below) Treat your family & friends to this Advantage voucher SAVE Terms & Conditions. This voucher must be presented before the transaction begins. Only one voucher can be redeemed per transaction. Voucher will be retained by Woodie’s upon redemption. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, such as loyalty schemes, Over ’s discount or any other voucher offers, special offers or during sale periods. Cannot be used on Garden Sheds, Electric Showers, Large Appliances, Lawnmowers, Garden Powertools, woodiespartyzone.ie or the purchasing of Gift Cards/ Vouchers. Woodie’s reserves the right to reject any voucher that it deems in its sole discretion has been forged, defaced or otherwise tampered with. No cash alternative available with this voucher.
    Can this be used for reserve and collect ??

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I always found them expensive but have gotten a few things there lately that were cheaper than I could find elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭dodzy

Your entire post = Horsesh1te.
    tharmor wrote: »
    Can this be used for reserve and collect ??
    As long as your chosen items are not excluded from the sale, then you're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

HI,

Looking for a Karacher power washer...
    Is this "in" or "out"....
    Thanks..

jay

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭bergipau

30 Euro just saved. Thanks.

was hoping to get briquettes with 20% off but tried two woodies and no briquettes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭leex

Jay Dee wrote: »
    HI,

Looking for a Karacher power washer...
    Is this "in" or "out"....
    Thanks..

jay

I purchased a k7 model in Galway this evening and got the discount. It wasn't going through at till initially but when I told them it was working online, a manager went away to check and I got the green light within a few mins. 120eur saved. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭podge3

Does the 20% off work on sheds?

podge3 wrote: »
    Does the 20% off work on sheds?

not usually

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Thanks OP saved 40 bucks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Didn't even need to show the text, just mentioned it. Thanks op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Woodies were in a heap for quite a while. There is a new boss now, the Declan fella who ran Dixons Ireland. He had a big profile here on boards as he personally looked after the talkto Dixons/Currys thread. Then they decided he was not needed.

I know somebody inside Woodies, and they tell me he is really making his mark. I wish him all the best and expect more and more of these offers.

I may go down and have a look myself later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Woodies were in a heap for quite a while. There is a new boss now, the Declan fella who ran Dixons Ireland. He had a big profile here on boards as he personally looked after the talkto Dixons/Currys thread. Then they decided he was not needed.

I know somebody inside Woodies, and they tell me he is really making his mark. I wish him all the best and expect more and more of these offers.

I may go down and have a look myself later.

That explains a lot been in 3 woodies lately and they have really blown out the cobwebs the shelves used to be full of ancient ****e in faded packaging, the aisle baskets full of cheap chinese poundshop tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭ibrahimovic

anyone know how long it takes these eejits for click and collect. Ordered this time yesterday and still no confirmation email to collect yet, is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

anyone know how long it takes these eejits for click and collect. Ordered this time yesterday and still no confirmation email to collect yet, is that normal?

I tried that about 8 months ago. Never heard anything back. Went to a local hardware shop instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Gerard93

Thanks OP worked a treat saved €40 !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Gerard93

Thanks OP worked a treat saved €40 !!

Advertisement