Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkish get up or pick up or whatever it's called..

Options
  • 24-02-2016 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

What a trek!

I'm learning how to do this, well actually just the first phase and thank goodness I'm not in an actual gym practising because I look like a twonk lying on the floor with a shoe balanced on my fist trying to figure out what my next move will be.

No point to this post really buy fair play to all if you who have mastered this move and with actual weights!

I am hoping that I master it before I see the trainer on Monday !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,154 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's a deceivingly difficult lift. I've seen plenty of guys, who regular lift weights, attempt to do this and fail badly - mainly because they grossly overestimated the weight they could lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

I suppose really it goes to show how important it is to learn how to do something properly first. When I first started working out at home it was all myself. Now I don't think it made my back any worse but I've picked up bad habits which nobody corrected me on because there was nobody to correct me. There really is a lot of thinking and paying attention to your body really with these moves.

Advertisement