Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage DIY Marquee Wedding

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Judge Trudy

Any advice?? It does cost more for sure but I just don't want a function room wedding!!!

I'm pretty much the same, I always feel claustrophobic in function rooms as most of them don't have any windows or natural light. I was half thinking about having a marquee wedding in my parents front garden but the weather more than anything put me off. We found a restaurant with accommodation that is closing the place down for us and has plenty of outside space for our guests to come in and out as they please. If you could find a place like this it would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

We had an at home marquee wedding - as did my sister and my brother.

It's a bit of extra work but I found it less stressful in ways as it meant that we were in complete control.

Our serving staff provided the herding - they were incredible. I highly recommend the Queens of Neon. They made me day the smoothest of the 3 weddings.

I would def have another marquee wedding tho make sure the people clearing up the next day won't be bitter about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Philurboots

Just a quick update.....

Decided not to go with the DIY option as found Martinstown House in Kildare. They basically had the exact tent we wanted. They can do the exact menu we wanted and have great reviews.

If you are after a quirky alternative to a hotel then check them out!

Thanks for all the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just a quick update.....

Decided not to go with the DIY option as found Martinstown House in Kildare. They basically had the exact tent we wanted. They can do the exact menu we wanted and have great reviews.

If you are after a quirky alternative to a hotel then check them out!

Thanks for all the help.

Was there recently and really liked it, hope ye have a great time there!

Advertisement