Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Stronglifts 5x5 adventure

Options
  • 23-02-2016 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

So I've run, cycled, trained (ongoing) gaa but have recently wandered over to the squat rack in the gym. It was always a source of intrigue but a mate showed me the basics of Squat, Bench, Deadlifts and Overhead Lifts. Happy out, I researched it a bit more and stumbled on the Stronglifts 5x5 programme and app and low and behold here I am.

3 sessions in and I don't think I've trained at something so little and seen the best results in definition / muscle.
    I've encountered a small bit of knee pain in recent days but as I am still playing gaa, I can't isolate what exactly caused it.

Currently starting at

Bench 40kg
    Squat 35kg
    Deadlift 35kg

Anyone else using this programme? Any tips or recommendations for warm up? Should I be doing anything else to complement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

I havent done the specific 5x5 programme but I fairly regularly squat and pull with a linear 5x5 type system and its awesome.
    Probably the most important thing with it is to make sure to work on your mobility ,foam rolling and stretching and that kind of thing. It really helps with preventing injuries. And obviously to keep trying to improve your technique all the time
    And learn to love squats!:)
    Thats really all the advice i have lol ,good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

The knee is feeling a bit better so im sitting out Gaa training tonight but going to go to the gym for 40 mins or so and do a set and go light with the squat weight and treat it that im just practising form and technique

Advertisement