Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is This An Example Of Racism Or Not?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Was he not penalised for hitting someone? Was the payout increased because of the ethnic slurs?

The case was for racial discrimination and personal injury. The exact sum isn't known but it's in excess of 100k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

When I think 'white' I think of a white sliced loaf of bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Ice Maiden

Racism is discrimination or hatred of someone based on skin colour. Therefore anyone of any colour can be racist. Sure, there are different histories and other factors, but it's still pretty straightforward as to what racism, on the (whatever coloured) face of it, is. It really is black and white, in my opinion.

Saying "people of colour cannot be racist" is kinda racial discrimination in and of itself in a way. I doubt many people genuinely think "people of colour" cannot be racist though.

With regard to the economic opportunities angle again, e.g. a middle-class black/white person with plenty of opportunities is not comparable to a black/white person who grew up in the ghetto, just because they have skin colour (and history going back 50 years) in common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Wow chips on their shoulders or what ??

Christ, who teaches this crap to kids ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Christ, who teaches this crap to kids ?

Life experience. I think that was the point of the video.

It didn't happen to me, doesn't mean it doesn't happen to anyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement