Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inverted Row w/trx rope

Options
  • 19-02-2016 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

So just looking for advice re inverted rows with trx band.

In the gym everyone seems to do the exercise standing up, but would laying on the ground and pulling yourself up be a much better back exercise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,578 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

In the gym everyone seems to do the exercise standing up, but would laying on the ground and pulling yourself up be a much better back exercise?

The smaller the angle between the body and the floor the harder it should be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

It would be harder.

And elevating your feet on a bench so its at the same height as the handles, and at the top you're perfectly parallel to the floor, would be harder still.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Some of the issues with utilising a TRX to its full capability is in the positioning of the anchor point. If this is within a haf metre of a wall or other obstacle it can significantly reduce your felxability with the TRX.
    The flatter you get the more of a back workout you can get.
    Another good back exercise is doing L-sit pull ups on the TRX (or rings). Shorten the straps so you can hang in a seated poistion with your bum just off the ground. Then keep in the seated position and pull up. I find moving my hands from a pronated position at the bottom to a supinated position at the top is quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Depends where the fulcrum is in relation to your body. If it is towards your head, you end up getting a half pull up, half row movement. If you have the fulcrum over your waist you can get more of a rowing action that gets easier as the Ground-to feet-to body angle gets greater. I go for towards the waist, but that's just me.

Advertisement