Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasgow vs Munster match thread

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Zzippy wrote:
    They had the 5 points. The way the lead has changed hands and defence has been "optional" it was the pragmatic decision. Use the minute and take the kick.

Buer, you're still a tit.

Forgot there was 4 tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

That present Munster team are only a shadow of the team of 3/4 years ago. New blood badly needed.

Hmmm, depends on which Munster team of 3/4 years ago. During a 6n campaign I'm not so certain we had much more depth of quality

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Buer wrote: »
    What a cowardly end to the game.

What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Buer

What are you talking about?

Explained above!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Buer wrote: »
    Explained above!

Yes I see, that post wasn't there when I was making mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Jesus lads what a game of the rugby.

Looked like being a landslide after ten minutes, great fightback from Munster but probably a fair result?

That Munster scrum, oh dear god. Major surgery is required before next season, i.e. a new tighthead. On the other hand, Glasgow's lineout was totally dysfunctional so it almost balanced out.

On the positive side; I thought ROM had a really good game, JOD too and Kilcoyne was excellent in the first half. Copeland was playing well and was a loss.

Back to the negatives: Keatley. He is just not good enough. There is no getting around this. Ironically, his usually ropey goal-kicking was flawless and kept his team in it, but Munster need a new outhalf.

Josh Strauss was in a different league to everyone else though, what a performance.

And it was a great advert for playing rugby on plastic, really enjoyable to watch.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I don't understand why Munster tried to run the ball when they were a man down.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

A few very poor decisions cost us that game. But we can't really fault the guys for the effort they put in in terrible conditions.

The team are playing a lot better now than at the start of the season, but it's going to be a real dogfight for a even 6th place finish this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

awec wrote: »
    I don't understand why Munster tried to run the ball when they were a man down.

Should have been booted out.

Actually made it to Rugby Park yesterday. Plastic surface was excellent and think we will have to see these being more and more prevalent in Ireland with our climate and not just for rugby.

14 point start, 2 YC's and 5 scrum pens the story of the night for Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭phog

I hadn't realised there was a match thread when posting this and my thoughts of the game on the Munster thread.

WTV's blog of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭phog

The full match is on YouTube

Advertisement