Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovery Time

Options
  • 19-02-2016 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

So guys I spent a year not gyming no great excuse, but bad women, bad food and bad drink :( while travelling for a year followed up by arriving home for christmas and well you know.
    My problem is and this only started this week was my recovery time goes on really long like into the next day.
    I think it could be because Im dieting aswell as working out, Im staying at 1500 calories a day and thats why Im lethargic and sore the next day.
    The training Im doing is pretty much what I did before travelling and this never happened but Ive never dieted aswell is this normal in that extended recovery time occur

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If you're doing the same volume as before, expect it to take longer to recover, even without a deficit. The workout is taking a bigger toll on your CNS now than it used to because you haven't trained for a year.

Factor in a deficit and it's not really any surprise your recovery is take a good while.

If you want to reduce recovery time, look at dropping the volume a little, assuming you want to keep the deficit as it is.

Advertisement