Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protein / Energy Balls without dates/figs

Options
  • 15-02-2016 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm looking for recipes/websites/food blogs for protein/ energy balls without dates/figs in them? I'm doing strength training at the moment and trying to cut out sweet stuff/ keep sugar to a minimum! Any recipes I've found seems to have dates / figs in them.

Any help would be appreciated!

(Edit: Any help with sugar cravings? Finding them tough!!)

-Mugatuu-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm looking for recipes/websites/food blogs for protein/ energy balls without dates/figs in them? I'm doing strength training at the moment and trying to cut out sweet stuff/ keep sugar to a minimum! Any recipes I've found seems to have dates / figs in them.

-Mugatuu-

Try the fitness forum

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Would a mod mind moving my thread to the fitness forum please!:o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod Note: Moved from Cooking & Recipes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mugatuu wrote: »
    Hi there,

(Edit: Any help with sugar cravings? Finding them tough!!)

-Mugatuu-

Try these.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

500g oats
    400ml coconut milk
    400g peanut butter
    210g whey powder

mix together, put in fridge, cut into bars, put back into fridge. eat as desired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

These are protein bars instead of balls. They are really great.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055992322

Basic Ingredients:
    Nut butter (eg. peanut/almond)
    Chocolate whey protein powder
    Oats
    Flaxseed
    Maple syrup/honey
    Raw nuts (eg. almonds/hazelnuts)
    Water

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

make these all the time an major issue with the balls for those trying to lose some weight is they can contain a high amount of calories and people end up eating too many or too often thinking clean food = free food.

Yes make them

just dont end up eating the entire tray over 2 days unless you're going BEEFCAKE!

Advertisement