Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workout Help

Options
  • 13-02-2016 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so 3 months before Christmas, i decided to take the plunge and went to a PT. Now, it was expensive, but the results more than speak for themselves. I've lost 2 stone, but more importantly i've gained muscle and completely changed my eating habits. The only thing is, it was crazy expensive and i can't afford to keep at it. To be honest, i can't even afford to join a gym, so i'm reduced to working out at home (there's a gym in work, but the other attendees attitudes have put me completely off).

Anyway, i have 2 programs, and i'm looking for a little help in changing some of them to be more appropriate at home.

At home, i have a bench, bar and free weights. That's it. So i need someone more versed in gymming to help me replace some of them which i can't do at home. So, here goes (I have HIIT exercises too, but i don't need to change them):

Program 1
    Day 1

Incline Press
    Pull Ups
    Rack Deadlift
    Dips
    High Pull

Day 2
    Squat
    Leg Curl
    Incline Back Extension
    Calf Raise
    Hanging Leg Raise
    Decline DB Crunch

Program 2
    Day 1

DB Squats
    Incline DB Press
    Lying Leg Curl
    Shoulder Press
    Step Ups
    Chest Supported Row
    Mountain Climbers
    Kettle Bell Swings

Day 2
    Walking Lunges
    DB Row
    Dips off bench
    Chin Ups
    Pull Ups
    Mountain Climbers
    Burpees

So, it's basically the underlined ones i need. Or if someone can recommend a completely different program i can do at home, as i'm not a big fan of the Program 1 ones (love all of program 2 though...).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Do you have outdoor fitness park near you? They seem to be popping up all over Ireland recently. They would have a bar you could hang from to do most of those exercises. Aldi and lidl often sell kettlebells if you want to invest in one or two (and you will get good use from them as they are very versatile). Have a look at strong lifts 5x5 or New rules of Lifting for alternative routines that might suit your gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Can you explain in details the changes you made regarding your eating habits? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Ok, so 3 months before Christmas, i decided to take the plunge and went to a PT. Now, it was expensive, but the results more than speak for themselves. I've lost 2 stone, but more importantly i've gained muscle and completely changed my eating habits. The only thing is, it was crazy expensive and i can't afford to keep at it. To be honest, i can't even afford to join a gym, so i'm reduced to working out at home (there's a gym in work, but the other attendees attitudes have put me completely off).

Anyway, i have 2 programs, and i'm looking for a little help in changing some of them to be more appropriate at home.

At home, i have a bench, bar and free weights. That's it. So i need someone more versed in gymming to help me replace some of them which i can't do at home. So, here goes (I have HIIT exercises too, but i don't need to change them):

Program 1
    Day 1

Incline Press
    Pull Ups
    Rack Deadlift
    Dips
    High Pull

Day 2
    Squat
    Leg Curl
    Incline Back Extension
    Calf Raise
    Hanging Leg Raise
    Decline DB Crunch

Program 2
    Day 1

DB Squats
    Incline DB Press
    Lying Leg Curl
    Shoulder Press
    Step Ups
    Chest Supported Row
    Mountain Climbers
    Kettle Bell Swings

Day 2
    Walking Lunges
    DB Row
    Dips off bench
    Chin Ups
    Pull Ups
    Mountain Climbers
    Burpees

So, it's basically the underlined ones i need. Or if someone can recommend a completely different program i can do at home, as i'm not a big fan of the Program 1 ones (love all of program 2 though...).

Thanks in advance!
    completely depends on what you have access to at home and your ability

Advertisement