Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The New Constituency of Offaly

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

mansize wrote: »
    I was represented and voted for Laois TDs previously so that's a non starter

TDs county by county? That would be very parochial

I don't get the county obsession thing tbf

It's just that we in Tipperary don't mind having a laugh and clowning around at times with BIFFO's but come on! we don't want a BIFFO retresenting us in the dail! EG do you think Barcelona FC would appoint a junior B manager to look after their affairs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

It's just that we in Tipperary don't mind having a laugh and clowning around at times with BIFFO's but come on! we don't want a BIFFO retresenting us in the dail! EG do you think Barcelona FC would appoint a junior B manager to look after their affairs?

I think Tipp are more Juve... with all the dodgy dealings etc

Offaly... We're Aston Villa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BlibBlab

This whole argument is pathetic. Parish pump politics to the max. We're supposed to elect TDs in a general election to run the country in the national interest. The whole system is broken and isn't fit for purpose. Look at the amount of independent TDs likely to be elected this time out.

And another thing. Do ye have any can do guy like Michael Lowry in Offaly?
    No ye don't so I'm stuck with voting for some plain vanilla type of souped up county councillor !some fella not even from the same province as me!

And another thing. Do ye have any can do guy like Michael Lowry in Offaly?
    No ye don't so I'm stuck with voting for some plain vanilla type of souped up county councillor !some fella not even from the same province as me!

There are Tipp candidates ruinnimj you know, that councillor with the dodgy combover and the religious wan that thinks we should all bare arms...

• Advertisement

mansize wrote: »
    There are Tipp candidates ruinnimj you know, that councillor with the dodgy combover and the religious wan that thinks we should all bare arms...

That's true alright. I will be giving Joe Hannigan a few votes that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

That's true alright. I will be giving Joe Hannigan a few votes that's for sure.

On this- Lads i am from Tipp, and while i live in Nenagh which is still part of the Tipperary Constituency, i have not moved my vote, so it is now part of the Offaly Constituency. None of us asked to have our votes moved from Tipperary, it was decided wothout consultation and we are expected to just get on with it. That withstanding, i will also be voting for Joe Hannigan.

I know Joe Hannigan for a great number of years, and i can assure everyone, hand on heart, there isn't anyone that works harder for our parish. He has been involved in the GAA for as long as i can remember, and has always been the first to get involved and roll up the sleeves. Never really a soccer man, he was a massive help when we were relaunching the club in 2010, and is still rowing in behind them to this day.

There's also the fact that he has thrown in behind a lot of the other parishes in North Tipp over the years, and has always helped with organising fundraisers, helped the GAA clubs etc. There is nobody i would trust more to be a leader of this country that i could theoretically vote for now.

Joe ran in the last Tipperary Council election and was elected by a huge margin- you don't get those kinds of numbers without being held in high regard. Since election to the council he has worked tirelessly for ALL of Tipperary.

If anyone is still on the fence, Joe Hanngian is worth a number 1 vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

Where is the count on for this constituency

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Banagher College

Side note: it's looks like 67% of politicians in Offaly will be Women!!!

1FF 1FG 1SF(TBC)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

And its back to Laois/Offaly!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭medoc

Interesting to see which county gets the three TD's. Unfortunately I predict Laois will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

medoc wrote: »
    Interesting to see which county gets the three TD's. Unfortunately I predict Laois will.

May not, with Portarlington gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭medoc

snowflaker wrote: »
    May not, with Portarlington gone!

True. That makes it interesting. But you'd have to see 2 FF possibly 2FG and 1SF. That's Fleming (ff) Flanagan(fg) Stanley (sf) all Laois, Cowan (ff) and Corcoran Kennedy (fg) Offaly. With maybe Leah's if he ditches Remua challenging Corcoran Kennedy for the seat. Leaving Laois 3 Offaly 2

Advertisement