Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Already answered in the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Yep my lads play all those, no issue with weather

• Registered Users Posts: 36 coolaboola1357

thanks a mill. Ill drive on so. my dsl only dropped 10 times today while on calls :-) , its improving

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭grizzcol2

Has anybody tried cancelling their Imagine contract during the initial 18 months? did they enforce the paying of the remainder of that contract clause?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The one thing they are good at is collecting money , so probably.

I cancelled my contract 7 months ago when I was several years out of contract and it took me 3 months to get them to stop charging me and I'm still waiting for them to come and remove the aerial and the router despite repeated calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

Internet dropped since 9.30 this morning for me on Cappagh north Kildare mast. Anyone else?

Update - Im caller number 200 in queue to support with wait time of 35 mins on their terrible line!

Guessing it’s not just mine gone based on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Internet gone since around about the same time in North Co. Galway.

Tried calling but there are 240 people ahead of me. Guessing it’s a national issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Back again it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommy Lagahan

Back here also, dropped out the same time as everyone else up in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BigBuck

Been gone here all day.

Them claiming it's back on Twitter five hour ago is some laugh.

NBI can't arrive fast enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭mossie

Anybody having connection issues this morning? No internet here (North Cork), all lights on modem, reboot does nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

Hey guys, did anyone get an email today from Imagine with new terms and conditions? From the summary they provided looks like maybe you can reject the new terms? Could this be used to exit before the end of minimum contract period?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

If new T&Cs are less favourable, you can end your contract without penalty.

Anyone having connection issues this evening? It's being on and off for me for the last hour (well more off than on). North Cork area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BigBuck

Been off for me since about the same. Mayo/Roscomon area so it must be very widespread. Fourth or fifth time this year there's not been a major slowdown but a major outage. NBI cannot arrive fast enough. My cancelation call to Imagine will be one of the most cathartic of my entire life.

Can't wait either. It's been a continuous downward trend with imagine for over a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

I'm at my wit's end with them. The main problem here is the evenings - from 9-11. Pure useless. Sometimes Oopla can't even connect to server. I'm working from home evenings/nights - but this will call that in to question now. Am in Mayo and Fibre expected 2026. Options limited right now.

So frustrating.

Have you looked at Starlink? I've been on it 18 months now and never see that kind of issue. Download speeds consistently over 200Mbps, uploads between 10 and 20Mbps.

Oh wow - never heard of that service. Expensive - but interesting. Will study tomorrow. Thank you!

Same issue here. They tell me it's at my end but nothing in my setup had changed since I signed up with them. Also my setup is the same after midnight when I get 150+ downloads. Starlink is a bit expensive so I'll just have to wait 12 months for NBI.

• Advertisement

Yeah, same. The initial outlay for Starlink is hefty - and I've a lot of tall trees around me. I suspect I'd have to pay someone to install as well. I might have a play with the app and see. I'd love with the €65pm but €450 + installation - ouch. I hope your 2024 NB goes as planned!

Eugh - It's owned by Elon Musk. I'd worry about its stability, given the turmoil he's caused with Twitter.

Yeah. NBI says June to Dec 2024 so hoping for the earlier date, probably won't happen that way though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭dam099

They have an option to rent the equipment which might make more sense if you expect NBI in next year or two.

Will have another look.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I reconcile my admiration for SpaceX with my disdain for Musk by telling myself that it's Gwynn Shotwell's baby more so than Elon Musk's.

Mu$k made shyte of Twitter in days ... Starlink hasn't had any such problems in the 18 months I've had it and my business depends on it.

I've only otherwise got variable 4G mobile BB as backup.

Giving it a serious look as we speak. Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

Just a heads up, not sure if this is for every customer but I got an email from Imagine on August 4th stating a change to their terms and conditions which allowed me to exit my contract with them a year early with no penalties. 30 days cancellation notice required only.

• Advertisement

Anyone having issues (more than normal) this evening? Seems to be dropping the connection every few seconds for the last hour or so.

Advertisement