Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good generic training spot in Europe?

Options
  • 06-02-2016 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Myself and the brother were thinking of jumping a Ryanair off to somewhere for a few days of dedicated training to kickstart the summer.

Anyone any experience of places of - literally anywhere - in Europe? I'm not sure of anywhere in Ireland?!

Ideally there'd be a good gym we could access, decent bikes we could use, and then decent hiking opportunities/beach.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

connundrum wrote: »
    Myself and the brother were thinking of jumping a Ryanair off to somewhere for a few days of dedicated training to kickstart the summer.

Anyone any experience of places of - literally anywhere - in Europe? I'm not sure of anywhere in Ireland?!

Ideally there'd be a good gym we could access, decent bikes we could use, and then decent hiking opportunities/beach.

Cheers!

Train for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Train for what?

Sorry I should have specified - nothing specifically :)

Just looking for a place which facilitates activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

connundrum wrote: »
    Sorry I should have specified - nothing specifically :)

Just looking for a place which facilitates activity.

Shur prob any town in Europe then.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

How about Dingle, Co Kerry.

Gym : West Kerry Fitness is as good a gym as anywhere. Incredible set up. Has everything you could need in lots of space. I've no experience with them but the trainers are supposed to be very good too so could give you some ideas, program etc

Bikes : I know you could rent a bike in the town but not too sure what type of bike they have. You might be looking for top of the range carbon road bikes?
    If you can bring your own though you won't need to rent. Loads of good cycles in the area. Conor Pass and Slea Head spring to mind. You could contact dingle cycling club for more info there.

Hikes : loads of options here. Mount Brandon or drive over to Carrrauntoohil are two that I have done. Could visit tourist office for more info.

Better than going to Europe as you would save money and time on the travel. It's actually a holiday I have been planning for years but have only done the hiking part so far. Going to get the bike down this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

shutup wrote: »
    How about Dingle, Co Kerry.

Gym : West Kerry Fitness is as good a gym as anywhere. Incredible set up. Has everything you could need in lots of space. I've no experience with them but the trainers are supposed to be very good too so could give you some ideas, program etc

Bikes : I know you could rent a bike in the town but not too sure what type of bike they have. You might be looking for top of the range carbon road bikes?
    If you can bring your own though you won't need to rent. Loads of good cycles in the area. Conor Pass and Slea Head spring to mind. You could contact dingle cycling club for more info there.

Hikes : loads of options here. Mount Brandon or drive over to Carrrauntoohil are two that I have done. Could visit tourist office for more info.

Better than going to Europe as you would save money and time on the travel. It's actually a holiday I have been planning for years but have only done the hiking part so far. Going to get the bike down this summer.

Excellent! Very much appreciated and save a few €€€'s too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Kerry is great. But the accent.

It's prob Brown's in Vilamoura he's after. Good spot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Club La Santa has a good reputation, there are also a lot of places in Portugal that make good training bases.

Advertisement