Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FA cup, Tottenham v Crystal Palace

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Palace defended well, never really worked Hennessey. They deserved it today, no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

F..k that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

prodsc wrote: »
    F..k that!

It's for the best. No complaints here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

It's for the best. No complaints here

Yup. Would have liked to have won it but a late goal would have meant a draw and a replay. No thanks. Focus on the league now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Ah well, out of the FA Cup.

No day out at Wembly.............but.

Our title condenders. Arsenal have a replay .
    We need Champions League Football next year, Only way to get there is top 4 or win Europa.

Good run out for Josh. Bentleb and Vorm, Good use of squad by Pooch

Dissappointed to lose but not by much

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Bentaleb was playing poor. Poch obviously prioritised other competitions because Mason was the obvious choice for him but instead he took off Alli who was looking threathening

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't mind that result. Yeah, it'd be nice to keep going, but the PL and EL are more important from a progression point of view.

I'm very disappointed in the kid Onomah. I know it's early days but he looked off the pace and sleepy today. Not really seen much from him all season to justify the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

anyone who 'doesn't mind' us going out really needs to remember that its 25 years since we won this cup, and we havent won anything yet this season. A cup win would have been something to show for whats been a great season so far...
    we could easily finish 3rd and due to our run in it could be more probable than 1st, which will be another season without anything to show for it. Personally I do mind that we're out and would have loved us to win it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Gutted to be out, would have loved a day out at Wembley . Whilst some will say it's great to be out, it means we really need to give the league a good rattle now. I'd have preferred to lose on Thursday than today.

Anyway, gotta move on COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I don't think there are any right or wrong answers as to whether it's good or bad to be out of the cup.

It's a pity to be out, but it undoubtedly gives us a slightly better chance of winning the title or the Europa.

In my opinion a loss was better than a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

When we were losing with twenty mins to go, I wanted us out. A Fukn draw would have been a sh1t result.
    I know I'm banging on same drum, but we'v got one recognised striker. We just couldn't manage all those games. We are light in other departments.

All for da best, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

We were due a loss. Glad it was today and hopefully continue the run in the league.

Unlucky to lose but these results happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Patww79 wrote: »

this is exactly what I dont understand. come May when we're still trophy-less will it still be 'happy-days'?

Might 4th not be enough? Aren't Italy going to overtake England in the UEFA coefficients? We need to do our bit and beat Fiorentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

As much as I want us to win the league we could have potentially been looking at a semi final in the FA cup.

Reading should have been an easy path.

In saying that as was said from other people a draw would have been bad for us. It was either knocked out or progressing. Now let's hope Arsenal play 120 minutes against Hull then go on to draw to Watford and play another game they dont need

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Would rather lose on thursday than today, would love an FA Cup win. That said, might be a decent kick in the arse for the squad after the city win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Patww79 wrote: »

I think meaningless is a bit strong, it is the FA Cup even though a little devalued these days. I would have loved to stay in it but am not as gutted as normal to be knocked out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I think meaningless is a bit strong, it is the FA Cup even though a little devalued these days. I would have loved to stay in it but am not as gutted as normal to be knocked out of it.

I'd be more gutted if we dropped 3 points in the league to be honest.

Shows where our club is at when I'm thinking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

This is another reason why mega money is ruining the game.

People want 4th place over progressing in cup competitions. A home draw in the 5th round and reading away in the quarter finals. We should've been eyeing up a semi final at least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Potentially getting Champions League is far more important to the club then a potential day at Wembley. And that's not just from a money point of view. We need regular CL football if we ever want to compete with the bigger teams. Without it, we will lose our best players over and over again, and we can't attract the bigger names that we need to compete. I'd happily sacrifice a possible cup win for that.

Again, i'm not happy about us going out, i just see the PL and (to a lesser extent) the EL as far more important goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

in terms of priorities it was the lowest in my book

naturally disappointed that we lost a game of football to Crystal Palace but not upset in any way that we're out of the Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Glebee

Only getting to watch Match of the Day 2 now but fcuk sake how did we lose that one. The ball hitting both posts just about sums it up I suppose. I know I only saw the highlights but bar the Palace offside goal at the very end the only shot on target they had was from their goal. Vorm beaten on the near post and Rose out of position for the palace goal..... I dont know how many decent chance Spurs had. As well as that Spurs had a decent team out. Oh well, the double will have to do.

Advertisement