Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 25 Captaincy Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Payet. Absolutely playing out of his skin since he came back and very unlucky not to have way more goals. Him and then Kane as VC.

He was pretty anonymous (in a FPL sense) against Villa the other night and only occasionally dangerous against City. Both home games. I wouldn't captain him personally against a Southampton team who simplydon't know how to concede right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

CSF wrote: »
    He was pretty anonymous (in a FPL sense) against Villa the other night and only occasionally dangerous against City. Both home games. I wouldn't captain him personally against a Southampton team who simplydon't know how to concede right now.

Did he not hit the post with a free kick against villa? Whatever game I watched anyway he was awesome...only a matter of time til it reflects points in fpl. I'm willing to take a punt!!!

Did he not hit the post with a free kick against villa? Whatever game I watched anyway he was awesome...only a matter of time til it reflects points in fpl. I'm willing to take a punt!!!

He might have done. He's a set piece danger always. Playing from very deep in general play though in the last 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

He might have done. He's a set piece danger always. Playing from very deep in general play though in the last 2 games.

I'm terrible once I get an idea into my head. I just can't not do it for fear he will do something... Aguero vs Leicester though is probably my only other viable option...or an out of sorts Ozil.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

They played against 10 men at home against the worst the team in the league for over an hour and apart from his free kick, he didn't look like getting an assist or a goal. Think there are better options there.

• Advertisement

I'm terrible once I get an idea into my head. I just can't not do it for fear he will do something... Aguero vs Leicester though is probably my only other viable option...or an out of sorts Ozil.

I'd go with Aguero. I hope your hunch is right though. I'll be starting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Finally watched MOTD
    My word Kane was good !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Been on Aguero all week but leaning towards Kane now after looking at his stats. Plus only 2 of Watford's 9 clean sheets have come away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

On Aguero currently but it's flicking between him and Kane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Usernemises

Have to go with Sanchez. Last few captain picks really let me down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Spurs have scored 18 goals in their last 8 games.
    Watford have conceded 10 in their last 8 with 2 cleanies.

Spurs have won 4-1 in 3 of their 12 home games.
    Watford's 2 cleanies on the road were at Stoke and Sunderland.

Just sayin....

lougal88 wrote: »
    Spurs have scored 18 goals in their last 8 games.
    Watford have conceded 10 in their last 8 with 2 cleanies.

Spurs have won 4-1 in 3 of their 12 home games.
    Watford's 2 cleanies on the road were at Stoke and Sunderland.

Just sayin....
    Spurs' goals are more spread out than City's when Aguero plays though. I do expect Spurs to slightly outscore City but Aguero is just unstoppable when in form.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Spurs' goals are more spread out than City's when Aguero plays though. I do expect Spurs to slightly outscore City but Aguero is just unstoppable when in form.

Despite my post I'll likely captain Aguero for this reason. Pure fear.

Interesting week though...

lougal88 wrote: »
    Despite my post I'll likely captain Aguero for this reason. Pure fear.

Interesting week though...

Yeah, my gut says Kane too but I'm sticking with the logic I'd tell other people to use if I was approaching this impartially.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

My gut is telling me that Aguero is actually going to tear Leicester asunder if a few more want to jump ship to Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

My gut is telling me that Aguero is actually going to tear Leicester asunder if a few more want to jump ship to Kane.

Looking at my private league, only 2 out of the MANY people ahead of me have Aguero. (None have Sanchez either) and they won't be able to afford to get them without destroying their teams or wildcarding :D

All of them have Kane. So they will probably captain him.

Going for Aguero as a 'differential'.

I've said it before, but if captaining Aguero is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

I have the option of captaining -

Sanchez, Aguero, Payet, Firmino or Kane but I'm being drawn to Giroud.

How wrong is that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I have the option of captaining -

Sanchez, Aguero, Payet, Firmino or Kane but I'm being drawn to Giroud.

How wrong is that ?

I'm considering Giroud. Arsenal are due to come out of their slump in their typical tradition so could be a goal fest, although I was expecting Ozil to explode against Southampton and that didn't really work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Would pick Aguero in a flash, if he didn't have the early kick off - not sure how many times i've done well picking and early kick off game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Think I'm gonna pass Agüero for either Kane or Alexis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Aguero or Sanchez for me, will bd off doing 80km on the bike while City game is on so might even though early captains aren't my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mackcracknsack

Tempted by Firmino!!!

I have Aguero & Kane, oh what to do :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

It's been on Sanchez all week but now the fear is kicking in. He's probably enough of a differential this gw but I do have respect for Leicester's defensive improvement and they played out a rather stale 0-0 over Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

spock. wrote:
    Aguero cause I'm too scared not to.

I'll live in fear.
    Kane(c)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Tis a season where games that you'd expect to be an absolute goalfest turn out not to be, and vice-versa. So I'm avoiding Aguero, and going for Sanchez. Aguero may score a goal, yes, but Leicester don't let in a lot of goals these days that would make me confident of him scoring anymore, and Sanchez is due an explosion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Firmino after much debating and fidgeting. sanchez kane and aguero are all calling me back but it's too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

TacT wrote: »
    Firmino after much debating and fidgeting. sanchez kane and aguero are all calling me back but it's too late!

Same here...can't remember being this demented about captain choice before.

Have Sanchez, Kane and Aguero too but not 100% convinced by any of them. Firminio is risky alright but if Liverpool do anything he's bound to be involved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Also in the 'have all the obvious options' boat. It's between Aguero and Kane for me. Might just leave it on Aguero as a point to the fact he's my most expensive player and auto-captaining him is one of the bonuses of ownership. (When he's in form of course.)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

aguero is fit, in form and at home. I don't care who its against when he is like this !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can't believe the amount of ppl NOT captaining Aguero.

City are pretty potent at home no matter who they play.

Advertisement