Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car rams cyclist, recorded by camera.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Somebody somewhere should be held responsible, be it the rental company or the director of the company the vehicle was rented to.

I would say the outcome would be different if it was a member of the force on the bike.

I'd say the outcome would be different if it was a pedestrian or a child that was hit. It's a ridiculous 'dog ate my homework' excuse for lift and death matters.

I hope the name of the business / person that owned the car comes into the public domain, and some social pressure can be applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

In your example, you need to have 4 people lying for you. They are providing the evidence, even if false that it wasn't you.

That's nothing like the details in the post above.

It wasn't me is not enough.

In the example above, is it reasonable to doubt the person above was driving the car unless they can back it up. If little Johnny spent the whole night with the accused, then that's a different matter.

The problem here is a lack of consistency in how the law is applied.

If the two people with an entitlement to drive just do a no comment interview, which is what any lawyer worth their salt would have advised then what evidence is their against either of them.

I find it hard to believe that in the U.K. there was no video evidence of who was driving at the time with the amount of anpr and normal surveillance cameras over there. Might be more to it than is being reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭josip

Driver is currently worst driver of the month.

http://rate-driver.co.uk/WF64WRK

Although the incident happened in Nov 2014.

Surprising that the owner/driver hasn't been named and shamed yet on a non-UK based website.
    If the £150 fine and 6 points went as far as court, would there not be a public record of it in Nottingham?

Edit: No record of it in Nottingham, so it looks like it was processed out of court.

Advertisement