Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clamping fine :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

You shoulda stood in his way, physically moving you out of the way by force would have been assault.

I don't park like a tool, but if a private clamper did clamp my car for some minor infraction of a few minutes, I'd give them one chance to remove it before cutting off the lock in front of them. I'd like to see them bring me to court for a tenner worth of padlock.

To convict someone of criminal offence a proof is required. Owner cannot escape the parking fine (if fined according to law), but simply a registration it is not a proof in criminal case.

So - it would be Über-stupid to it in front of the clamper, you'd be asking for trouble. Do it in a hoodie - not so much...

Advertisement