Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which pedometer

Options
  • 01-02-2016 6:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi guys, Newbie to this forum - I have searched and there are similar threads to this but not in the last couple of years, so I hope it's OK to re-ask. I am looking to pick up a fitbit / jawbone or similar but don't know where to start researching - does anyone have either of these or would a different model be better? I have recently started a job where I will be doing a lot of walking, including up/down stairs and in basements (so GPS coverage may be iffy at times). I would like a gadget that tells me what distances etc I am doing without having to turn it on per trip (I already have a Nike+ watch for running and a Garmin for the bike), and maybe monitor my sleep, but not too pushed about that. Also, I have signed up to do a stadium stair race (6,000 steps EEK! ) and have started to do some training towards that. HR monitor would be preferable, the infrared type would be fine as it doesn't need to be accurate, just to give an idea of the range. Thanks in advance (Edit: I have edited the post a couple of times to insert paragraphs, but it won't work)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I use the Polar Loop 2 bracelet which monitors my daily activity and my sleep. I also use the Polar H7 heart rate monitor which connects to the Loop via Bluetooth. I pair them up when exercising. I find it good and it works well for me. It also connects to My Fitness Pal if you use that app.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Have a fitbit charge hr and find it great, very active job and handy to see a track of my heart rate.

Battery life very good once you stop it synching every fifteen minutes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

Thanks. That's good as I already have the H7 as I use it with my Nike+ watch, although I would probably rather to see my HR across the whole day as opposed to just when I'm doing exercise.

Does the Polar have its own user interface website or do you need to use a third party app?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

NBTD wrote: »
    Thanks. That's good as I already have the H7 as I use it with my Nike+ watch, although I would probably rather to see my HR across the whole day as opposed to just when I'm doing exercise.

Does the Polar have its own user interface website or do you need to use a third party app?

It has its own app.

Advertisement