Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bench and Weights

Options
  • 31-01-2016 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

I was looking into buying a bench and weights but my budget is only about 200 euro . Ideally would want minimum 50kg worth of weight along with a barbell and dumbells. Is this too much to ask in my price range?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Would this be a good deal? ( www. adverts.ie/benches/maxibench-set-with-dumbells/9750952)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Looks a little low on weights, quick tally seems to be total of 47.5kg with it?

If you're looking for 50kg minimum it's straight away not what you want, and even at with all 47.5kg on the bar, you'd have a lot of plates! You'd need all 16 plates loaded to reach that weight. I'd say pass, it's not what you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Looks a little low on weights, quick tally seems to be total of 47.5kg with it?

If you're looking for 50kg minimum it's straight away not what you want, and even at with all 47.5kg on the bar, you'd have a lot of plates! You'd need all 16 plates loaded to reach that weight. I'd say pass, it's not what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You might be able to get a bench and up to 50kg in plates but there will be a lot of small plates. You could get a couple of 10kg cast iron plates for <50, I'd imagine but you're really looking in the 250-300 range in total

Advertisement