Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show - 30th. January 2016

Options
  • 30-01-2016 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72,114 ✭✭✭✭

tumblr_n1dyc90Wxr1tti72eo1_400.gif

85Pd59R.gif

Here we go again! :D

*sigh*

Heathers are among the acts performing on The Ray D'Arcy Show tonight.

The tuneful duo comprise Ellie Macnamara on vocals and Louise Macnamara on vocals and guitar. Their latest single, November, is the first new release of 2016 from the siblings whose second album Kingdom was nominated for the Choice Music Prize in 2014. Their first album Here, Not There, released in 2010 yielded the smash hit, Remember When.

Senator David Norris will also join Ray to talk about his life and career to date and as they prepare to defend their Six Nations title next month, Irish Women’s Rugby Team members Niamh Briggs (captain), Marie Louise Reilly and Nora Stapleton will be in studio.
    Comedian Sean Hughes will also explain his unique take on life. The Ray D’Arcy Show airs on RTÉ One at 9:35pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It'll be interesting to see how Ray manages to offend the rugby players. It'll be along the lines of "for female rugby players, a few of you's look attractive, almost femine. I have some male friends who have said that they definitely would when looking at photos of ya's. Would you's be stronger than me? Could you's actually pick me up? Stand up there now and try to pic........are you's taller than me??"

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wow, I haven't heard from Sean Hughes for a long time. Anyone remember Seans Show on Channel 4 in the 90s?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Mr E wrote: »
    Wow, I haven't heard from Sean Hughes for a long time. Anyone remember Seans Show on Channel 4 in the 90s?

I seem to remember he was quite a funny fella. He was on Never Mind The Buzzcocks too.

Might watch till MOTD, but it'll feel like I'm doing it against my will, even though it won't be. That's what this show does to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I seem to remember he was quite a funny fella.

He still is, but I'm sure D'Arcy will suck the life out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

I do! I used to love Sean Hughes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

monkey9 wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how Ray manages to offend the rugby players. It'll be along the lines of "for female rugby players, a few of you's look attractive, almost femine. I have some male friends who have said that they definitely would when looking at photos of ya's. Would you's be stronger than me? Could you's actually pick me up? Stand up there now and try to pic........are you's taller than me??"

If he doesn't say at least one of those things, I shall eat my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,114 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ray has a push-up contest with David Norris?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Jeez, the last time i heard of Sean Hughes was... afaik last week on with Anton Savage:D
    Nah, remember some of those madcap shows on Channel 4, maybe that's where he gets his sense of humour afaik his parents are Irish?

Btw: 1st dibs on RuggerRay to the Rugby players, "I'll have you know, I played a bit of rugby, in my time,"
    No doubt that'll be the first ruck of the evening:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,446 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

"Which contains strobe lighting"...I'm sick of all these warnings about lighting and flash photography, if these are a problem for you don't watch telly, simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

My first Ray D'Arcy show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

100% Irish as they couldn't get any foreign celebs, and no Irish celebs either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

David Norris... oh god, can't seeing this going pear-shaped at ALL........

M

I liked LIDL's purple ball campaign to show awareness of womens sport. I and probably most people I know couldn't name 3 players of any female sports team in Ireland.

I hate rugby.

mansize wrote: »
    My first Ray D'Arcy show

8dd86f0316aefc5e7b68251d555a5e860156f03394fab88cfa98dac7c0a9a63b.jpg

M

mansize wrote: »
    My first Ray D'Arrcy show

I'd lower your expectations considerably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Evening all. Female rugby players. This could be awkward for Ray. Didn't Ray play a bit of rugby?

Lads, I don't dislike Ray as a bloke. I mean, I never listen to his radio show, don't know much about him at all.

But the way Brendan's show was stopped for this is just such rubbish.

Because, while i don't dislike Ray, he really doesn't seem like a natural. The opposite in fact, it's like there's a weird anxiety about all of these I've seen.

Every interview is a bit like when you meet someone you went to school with, but weren't really friends, and both of you just want the conversation over.

M

D'Arcy would make a good bellboy for a hotel.

HEIGHT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

'' And now, the Ray D'arcy Show, which contains strobe lighting'''

It also contains an egotistical, patronising, balding git, but the announcer forgot to mention that. An oversight, I'm sure....

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

hooker joke in early,

We miss Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

It also contains an egotistical, patronising, balding git, but the announcer forgot to mention that. An oversight, I'm sure....

David Norris... oh god, can't seeing this going pear-shaped at ALL........

Ah that'll be grand, Ray won't have to say anything at all.

Not bad looking ladies. A lot like their male counterparts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

coolhull wrote: »

Ah now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭squonk

coolhull wrote: »
    He's bringing back Ray's Rave from the Den days.. Yay!!

*grabs tissues*

Wine spill. :pac:

• Advertisement

It's a great game for brain injury.

Advertisement