Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on FOX - Rumble Vs Bader

Options
  • 28-01-2016 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭

Screen-Shot-2015-12-23-at-2.06.47-PM.png

I'm not sure whats happened to Paully but heres a thread with poll seeing as the fight is this Saturday night!

***EARLIER START TIMES***

FIght pass pre lims from 8:30, BT Sport pre lims from 10pm & main card from 1am

** When posting this I got a "Service unavailable" message, when I refreshed I got a duplicate posting message so I'm presuming the polls are currently not working

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

FFS I selected add poll but don't know if its something to do with the current problems it posted without a poll!!

I'm going Rumble by KO but I suspect Bader will wrestlef*** him to death and get a decision

2907988-snowwhite_grumpy_7.gif

ASOT - didn't even notice the double post until seen your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Your having an absolute nightmare mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Leave it to the professional the next time mate! :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ryan Bader by points @ 13/2 is what I'm going with. I like the tear that Johnson has been on but there's no way Bader wants anything to do with him on the feet.

If Bader can take him down and bring the fight into the later rounds, I think he'll gas Johnson out.

Easier said than done and much like Alvarez against Pettis, he'll fight the fight he needs to gain another W. I don't think it'll be a pretty spectacle... unless of course AJ lays hands on him first.

Nice start time too. Though knowing FOX, they'll drag this event on into next year. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Rumble is going to take his head off,hes been finished a few times too once rumble finds the chin its lights out.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Rumble is going to take his head off,hes been finished a few times too once rumble finds the chin its lights out.

Not since 2013.

Been on a 5 fight win streak since. I've been quite impressed with him lately particularly his boxing skills against Rashad Evans.

He hasn't finished anybody for 3 years so I think he'll bore us all in a well executed game plan for another decision victory...

No idea why. Just have that feeling for some reason.

Wouldn't be unhappy to see Johnson win either because I would love to see him finally fight Jones whether that be for a #1 contender spot or the belt.

My one hope for this card is for Ben Rothwell to win. He was such a gent in Dublin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I just can't imagine Bader as anything other than a gatekeeper, and godforbid I have to watch another one of his fights. I really hope Johnson beats him and I think he will.

I used to like Barnett but he's been rubbish in the UFC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

That_Guy wrote: »
    Not since 2013.

Been on a 5 fight win streak since. I've been quite impressed with him lately particularly his boxing skills against Rashad Evans.

He hasn't finished anybody for 3 years so I think he'll bore us all in a well executed game plan for another decision victory...

No idea why. Just have that feeling for some reason.

Wouldn't be unhappy to see Johnson win either because I would love to see him finally fight Jones whether that be for a #1 contender spot or the belt.

I see this going like Phil Davis v Rumble,Rumble stuffing takesdowns and lightening Bader up,The only way Rumble losses this if he gasses badly wouldnt be surprised if he was choked out in that case but that first round is going to be tough for Bader avoiding nukes.

• Advertisement

Ryan Bader by points @ 13/2 is what I'm going with.

I like that price! I hate the thought of it happening but have a bad feeling it will. Its either Rumble by ko in rd 1 which is about 2/1 or Bader on points. That price is definitely worth considering for a single.

I think Bader will try his utmost to turn this into 1 of the worst fights you'll see this year then he'll have the nerve during his interview to say he deserves a title shot

Rumble did really well against Davis and I always thought Davis was a better wrestler than Bader

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Rumble did really well against Davis and I always thought Davis was a better wrestler than Bader

Certainly not in MMA, Bader beat Davis hands down when they fought.

I'm gonna throw a few quid on Bader.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Certainly not in MMA, Bader beat Davis hands down when they fought.

I'm gonna throw a few quid on Bader.
    I actually had the fight for Davis at the time, but it was so awful I didn't take too much out of it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93990458&postcount=207

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I actually had the fight for Davis at the time, but it was so awful I didn't take too much out of it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93990458&postcount=207

Fair enough. I could be wrong but I don't recall Phil taking down Bader once while Bader took him down a few times I'm sure.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Fair enough. I could be wrong but I don't recall Phil taking down Bader once while Bader took him down a few times I'm sure.
    Yeah that's what I think happened on the takedowns alright, but overall I always thought Davis was better in other fights, that was my impression anyway. Rumble will decide for us!

Ryan Bader by points @ 13/2 is what I'm going with.

PP are not offering odds on Bader by points anymore!! :eek::eek::confused: (at least they weren't when I was putting a bet on), all other markets available.

I put Bader in Rds 4,5 or by decision for 5/1 along with "Lookin for a fight"s Randy Brown in my bet. I meant to put Dustin Ortiz but got confused by including other sports(football,boxing & darts lol) in a 160/1 acc.

I think the Bader bet is quite good IF he survives Rumbles big punch. If he can avoid that and get a takedown or 2 I think Rumble will tire. He's never been past 3 rounds in a fight I don't think and we've seen him tire and look to quit and give away sub.

Devastator wrote: »
    PP are not offering odds on Bader by points anymore!! :eek::eek::confused: (at least they weren't when I was putting a bet on), all other markets available.

I put Bader in Rds 4,5 or by decision for 5/1 along with "Lookin for a fight"s Randy Brown in my bet. I meant to put Dustin Ortiz but got confused by including other sports(football,boxing & darts lol) in a 160/1 acc.

I think the Bader bet is quite good IF he survives Rumbles big punch. If he can avoid that and get a takedown or 2 I think Rumble will tire. He's never been past 3 rounds in a fight I don't think and we've seen him tire and look to quit and give away sub.

Bader by decision is 17/2 on bet 365 if that's any use. Personally see him getting sparked though.

ASOT wrote: »
    Bader by decision is 17/2 on bet 365 if that's any use. Personally see him getting sparked though.

I hope so lol :D Even if it beats my bet(if its still even running by that stage of the night lol), I can't stand him! I cant remember my bet365 p/w but I've done my bet anyway.

Quality fro Tony Martin there, took a while to get going but really picked it up in R2, great persistence for the finish.

• Advertisement

Nice finish there from Martin. Olivieri went to sleep just before he was about to tap!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Very good finish. Decent fight.

Paully D wrote: »
    Nice finish there from Martin. Oliveri went to sleep just before he was about to tap!

Had him winning that fight up until that point when he foolishly gave up his back.

I fancy Jackson to win by submission in this one.

I know it's the same at every event, but the lack of people who bother showing up for the early action is madness IMO.

"The jab is the most under-utilised weapon in MMA"

Joe Rogan's been saying this crap since time began

I know it's the same at every event, but the lack of people who bother showing up for the early action is madness IMO.

Couldn't agree more. I'd hate to miss out on a potential amazing fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Yeah I was thinking the same myself. You could hear a pin drop. I noticed aswell that the full walk ins are shown on tv for the early prelims. I thought it used to be the case that the fighters walk ins weren't shown until the main card?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Dammit, didn't realize it was starting so early, missed the first fights :(

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Dammit, didn't realize it was starting so early, missed the early fights :(

You only missed one and a half fights, first fight was good though!

• Advertisement

Referees are definitely under instruction to break up clinches that they deem to be going nowhere far more than they did in the past IMO. There's been a noticeable increase of this in recent events.

Advertisement