Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The tweet that got Dawkins banned from NECSS

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

stunmer wrote: »
    Wrong decision was made in the first place. Re-evaluated their position and re-invited him together with a public apology. It takes courage to admit you made a mistake.

In addition to this, it is really positive that these issues (I presume de-platforming) will be featured and discussed at the conference.

If they can actually have a proper conversation about this the whole mess will have been worth it.

Well... not the stroke. That was unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

robindch wrote: »
    .... or would perhaps prefer had he written - nope.

Yes this is perhaps the key the whole PC state of affairs in which we live.
    Unfortunately divisive people can also play with it - so its tricky to decipher on occasion. In this instance however Dawkins (re)tweet was pretty harmless. The accompanying animation however was idiotic. His only foul was in referencing it - it was thoroughly distasteful.

But that NECSS would uninvite him is great signaler of how agendas are hijacked - either by unintelligible dimwits or divisive parties - its great to see they changed their decision but I'd love to know how the initial unilateral decision got made and presented by seemingly a not too unenlightened organisation. It doesnt appear to me that offense was had but rather a certain divisiveness was inserted either that or they sucummed to interweb outrage in which case - dimwits indeed.

Advertisement