Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anti Pollution Faulty Error - 1.6Hdi 09 Citroen Berlingo

Options
  • 26-01-2016 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

While driving around xmas, my 2009 Berlingo 1.6HDi cut out a number of times with the engine management light coming on and the 'Anti Pollution faulty' message coming up on the screen. After a while it went off and the van drove perfectly until last Friday when it came back on and the whole 40 mile drive from my gfs house the van was in limp mode, losing power on hills, not going above 2,500rpm and basically driving (and sounding) like a dog.

First I brought it to a local mechanic who put it on his diagnostic machine and it came back saying Fault with Injector 1. He tried turning off the fault but kept shooting straight back up.

So I brought it to my mechanic friend who sold me the van and who told me had put 2 new injectors in it 6 months ago. He had them tested and they are all perfect.

So is there any other way a fault reader could show up an injector issue but the injector itself not be at fault?

Is there anything else I could have checked?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

Advertisement