Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble fallout thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Just a few little points that bug me, since everything else has already been said, but Brock kicking out the Wyatt family members looked really bad, like he was directing them over the ropes rather than throwing them and then having him just slinking off after getting eliminated instead of going for revenge also made him look pretty weak.. but I hate this nonsense of people coming back in to eliminate others or just interfering, it makes no sense at all, even for wrestling, why doesn't everybody just do it? It's my main rumble pet peeve

• Registered Users Posts: 8,771 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Was an alright Rumble, they kinda didn't ruin it but I'm sure putting the belt on the line in the match they kinda tied their hands behind their own backs in what they could do in not having the fans shit all over it. They could have done some things maybe a tad differently like not have Brock look somewhat weak in the match, the stupid spot with Roman and the league of nations because why wouldn't Vince have them throw him back into the ring plus when he made his return to ring he looked fresher then he did before he started match after being beating down.

Marked out like crazy when AJ Styles came out but they could have had him maybe eliminate one or two guys before being tossed out by Owens which looks like it's gonna set up a feud going into Mania but I hope they stick with him and Owens until Mania. The last man standing match was good but I think they can top it. Have them have one last match at Mania for the title in a street fight, give them more then 20 minutes and I'm sure they could put on a performance to rival possibly the best street ever in Cactus Jack vs. HHH.

Was pretty upset we didn't get to see Samoa Joe though :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Without having read anything of note since watching my opinion sare not being clouded by anyone.

Opener was a good fun hardcore match. Though it occured to me that basically every match is a last man standing match in theory. But thats being pedantic.

The wimmins match was fun. Some peak Ric Flair involved. The ending was a bit silly. But the Sasha bit was a bit of fun again.

Now, the Rumble itself. Teh match was fine. Opened a few fueds, some nice spots and a bit of comedy, but HHH winning in 2016 is such a pile of crap. There is only one reason for it and that is to get RR over. No, sorry, 2 reasons, HHH is such an egotist that he thinks he is the man to get over this charisma vacuum. HHH has no place being a Champion in 2016.

They say they are crying out for a new top level guy. Well, Ambrose was it. Him winning the Rumble after what he had done earlier in the night with Owens would have put him right over the top as a top level guy. But no. Tripper wanst to main event again because Im sure he thinks the company needs him.

Also, after RR was eliminated by HHH and lost his title, he was going to feel pretty crap that the odds were stacked against him, and then the mid match attack. Why didn't he help Ambrose and screw HHH as pay back? It might have gone some way to getting him over.

I call bullshít on this awful clusterf of booking.

I imagine the HHH bash thread will be fun for the next few weeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I feel fairly indifferent to the show really. Opener was the best match of the night, it was great just seeing Owens and Dean batter each other. Tag match wasn't new or exciting really since the Usos have been fighting New Day on and off for most of last year. Nice to have Sasha back, not a fan of another screwy finish though. Nice that Kalisto won the title, and didn't immediately lose it again the next night too.

As for the Rumble match: Bar the debut of AJ, the rest of it was balls. While not as aggressively awful as the previous two years, it was still crappy. Roman gets attacked, taken to the back so he conveniently misses like half the match, and then comes out again, no selling the attack? Owens came out limping, and even Dean was taped up and kept swinging his arm to try and loosen up his shoulder. I do not want Roman vs Triple H at Mania, Triple H should not be a world champion at this point in his bloody career.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I actually thought Jericho was going to win :o

Loved seeing Styles being in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

and having Ambrose one on one with Triple H aswell at the end.......

Putting the title on the line they booked themselves into a corner in the final 2 there was only one winner, but if the title wasn't on the line you could have had Ambrose win and had two months then to build him for Wrestlemania

Near the end I was expecting reigns to get back into the ring, turn heel on Ambrose, cost him the RR and join the authority

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Near the end I was expecting reigns to get back into the ring, turn heel on Ambrose, cost him the RR and join the authority

i honestly thought when hhh and ambrose were across the ring for each other, they were going to meet in the middle embrace and that starts ambrose heel turn but alas that 30 seconds i was completly worng

• Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AJ's proper entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

AJ's proper entrance

I think that will go down as the greatest Rumble entrance ever.
    sky88 wrote: »
    i honestly thought when hhh and ambrose were across the ring for each other, they were going to meet in the middle embrace and that starts ambrose heel turn but alas that 30 seconds i was completly worng

I thought when HHH eliminated Reigns that Ambrose was gonna throw HHH over the ropes as he was celebrating. That way you could still have HHH vs. Reigns at Mania but without the belt and over the next two months have Reigns slowly turn heel and have him fully turn at Mania against Ambrose. Have him do what he done to HHH at TLC to Ambrose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Had to mute the commentary when AJ debuted, Michael Cole's shrieking was unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Had to mute the commentary when AJ debuted, Michael Cole's shrieking was unbearable.

I disagree. I thought the commentary team did an immense job of selling him as a big deal that night. From Cole's ''could it be?!?'' to JBL touting his IWGP Championship win ''just like Brock Lesnar'' thereby placing him in a top tier, to Byron Saxton saying Styles is an exciting innovator of offense. It was presented as a major big deal. Couple that with an Orlando hometown-like pop and the rumours, not to mention going one on one with golden boy Reigns, and I don't see how they could've done it any better.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I disagree. I thought the commentary team did an immense job of selling him as a big deal that night. From Cole's ''could it be?!?'' to JBL touting his IWGP Championship win ''just like Brock Lesnar'' thereby placing him in a top tier, to Byron Saxton saying Styles is an exciting innovator of offense. It was presented as a major big deal. Couple that with an Orlando hometown-like pop and the rumours, not to mention going one on one with golden boy Reigns, and I don't see how they could've done it any better.

Yeah I thought they done a good job of it at the Rumble but it got on my nervous how many times they mentioned oh he's in the big leagues now on Raw. Was okay when Jericho done it to him but the commentators just went over board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

When did Ric Flair become Jiraiya

Seriously what was that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

When did Ric Flair become Jiraiya

Seriously what was that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Imagine that debut if it had been kept completely secret? There would've been heart attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

J. Marston wrote: »
    Imagine that debut if it had been kept completely secret? There would've been heart attacks.

I avoided spoilers since December (haven't been on here much) and was marking out majorly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Omackeral wrote: »
    I avoided spoilers since December (haven't been on here much) and was marking out majorly!!!

I envy you. To see that as a complete surprise would've been crazy!

Advertisement