Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands who legitimately never had a bad album

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

??? They never had a good album!
    (and I say that as a fan - even their "best of" was titled "Least worst of..."

Man... What?

Least worst is their usual sense of humour and has no basis on the quality of their faultless back catalogue

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DaMorganator

Don't think Tame Impala or Broken Bells have been mentioned yet. All exceptional albums from both.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ghost. While I don't think the first two are as good as the third, they're still good albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 toshr

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Am a big Pumpkins fan but not all of their albums are great.

"In Through The Out Door" wouldn't be a great Led Zep album.

Out of the seven tracks I only dislike Hotdog. Wasn't received well by the critics, but they ragged on most of there albums. Rolling Stone magazine spout some nonsense.
    Incidentally that was the first Led Zep album i owned, personally i rank it as their strongest, sod the critics...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 toshr

Dunno if Kings Of Leon have been mentioned, not really a weak album to be heard...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

toshr wrote: »
    Dunno if Kings Of Leon have been mentioned, not really a weak album to be heard...

Not before 2007 anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

I'm inclined to include At The Drive-In here, in spite of their last album. First three were good, good and great. Kind of wish they hadn't put out the new one last year. It's pretty average. Not actually BAD... so I guess, in my book at least, they meet the criteria for inclusion here, but only by the skin of their teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Violent Soho. Only 3 albums, but all crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

jooksavage wrote: »
    I'm inclined to include At The Drive-In here, in spite of their last album. First three were good, good and great. Kind of wish they hadn't put out the new one last year. It's pretty average. Not actually BAD... so I guess, in my book at least, they meet the criteria for inclusion here, but only by the skin of their teeth.

Yeah it's not bad so I'd say them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

TV on the Radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Artic Simian

The Artic Monkeys.. I hope I can stand by that after today as there new album was released this morning following a five year hiatus. I have high hopes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Even with the sad news this morning - Frightened Rabbit are up there.

Oh, and Bon Iver is definitely a candidate. Three incredible albums!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Artic Simian

I only heard that he was missing yesterday. Incredibly sad news.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Eels for me. While some of their stuff sounds a bit samey the quality has never really dropped imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Snake River Conspiracy
    The Beatles
    Nirvana
    The Zombies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

The Artic Monkeys.. I hope I can stand by that after today as there new album was released this morning following a five year hiatus. I have high hopes :)

Oh well..everything good comes to an end😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Ambulance ltd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    Snake River Conspiracy
    The Beatles
    Nirvana
    The Zombies
    Do people consider The Beatles alternative/indie these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

No. The thread is full of non indie/alt bands however. I was just going with the flow baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    More appropriate is what band can you say every album is top class.

The Smiths really are the only I can think of. But then its only 4 albums. And I'm not sure I'd have Meat is Murder as a top class album.

Take the title track off Meat is Murder and replace it with How Soon is Now and you have one of the best albums of all time imo. Even still, as a huge Smiths fan I find myself listening to MIM more than the other albums.

• Advertisement
Advertisement