Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Trainer - Dublin

Options
  • 23-01-2016 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am a novice lifter, have been doing it on and off (mainly off :P) for about 2 years. I was hoping to get a bit more serious about it and am looking to do a bit of a transformation. I know all the basics to nutrition (macros etc.) and know how to eat to lose weight (which was my primary goal until now).

However, I was hoping now to get a bit leaner as I'm still a bit chubby/skinnyfat. What I'm looking for is someone professional (I assume a personal trainer) who can look at my stats as they are now and do me a plan (both a meal and training plan) that can help me achieve my goals. I don't really know how to bulk or cut for example or which I should do now the way I stand.

Can anyone recommend someone who can do this? I'm not sure how to find someone as I don't want a personal trainer to stand over me while I workout all I really want is a tailored plan to achieve my goals and not sure if they even do that or the cost? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Where are you based?

A PT doesn't have to stand over you every session but they will need a session training you to assess where you're at before giving you a workout plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

I'm living in Milltown in Dublin 6 (but have a car so have no issues driving anywhere in the city if I get a very strong recommendation). Fully expect to have to do a couple of sessions with them to get a tailored personal plan and have no issues having to go back after a certain amount of time to assess progress/update plans, I just wasn't sure if they done this type of thing? Also I have no idea of even a ballpark cost!

Well, you have three great trainers that are regular contributors here.

COH/Kieran Hegarty who trains outta Raw in Portobello.
    James Hanley who trains outta RevFit in Glasnevin
    Transform / Dominic Munnelly who trains outta Crossfit Green in Sandyford.

There's three excellent, highly regarded trainers

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

Have actually heard of Dominic Munnelly before, think I follow some of his stuff on Facebook/IG, might give him a look up and see the craic, cheers Alf

Of the three, I only have direct experience with COH/Kieran Hegarty. Couldn't recommend him highly enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement