Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster v Oyonnax

Options
  • 23-01-2016 2:00pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be a decent watch, hopefully 5 points. Wannenburg back at Ravenhill. :)

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

TRY! Herring. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

This is going to be a cakewalk

TRY Cave.

Lovely line run by Payne from 15 who passes to Cave just short of the line ;)

TRY Cave.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,190 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Should have the BP wrapped up by half time. Couple of suspicious passes in that try.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

awec wrote: »
    TRY Cave.

shades of RK v england in 2014, or Clermont in Bordeaux 2012. Les Kiss must have nicked JS playbook :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Payne having a great game at 15... who would have thought that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Scythica

My stream jumped and now Scholes is on the pitch and scored a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Sinbad_NI wrote: »
    Payne having a great game at 15... who would have thought that!!!!

http://www.independent.ie/incoming/article29933642.ece/ALTERNATES/h342/Joe%20Schmidt_app.jpg

Who is this full back in white? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

feck thought this was kick off at 2pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Who is this full back in white? ;)

Trick question. There is only Nick Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ulster have bombed a few certain try's. They need to clam down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Must be tricky for Rory Clegg to play 10 and be commenting on boards at the same time. No wonder Oyannax are ****e

And there's 4, Sean Reidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Try #4. Let's hope other results go out way now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,190 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Job done. Oyonnax are utter cack. Ulster playing some nice stuff without exerting themselves.

Focus to the later games now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Jesus Oyonnax are an embarrassment. The Ulster Ravens would hockey them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Bonus point done - but is Points Difference an important factor today? I can't find the "second place" table anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Anyone see the stat halfway through the half which had Paddy Jackson as the third most successful kicker in Europe this season after round 5?

Payne is glorious at FB. Jackson pulling the strings really well and one awful pass aside Herring has led from the front really well.

Of course Oyonnax are poor but the job still has to be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

aimee1 wrote: »
    shades of RK v england in 2014, or Clermont in Bordeaux 2012. Les Kiss must have nicked JS playbook :cool:

Paddy Wallace obviously following the thread

MJohnston wrote: »
    Bonus point done - but is Points Difference an important factor today? I can't find the "second place" table anywhere

Points difference is used to seperate the teams equal on points.

It will do us no harm to increase our difference, it was pretty poor before today especially compared to Stade.

Found the overall table here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_European_Rugby_Champions_Cup#Seeding_and_runners-up

Looks like we'd want to be racking up as many tries, and to a lesser extent points, as possible.

Found the overall table here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_European_Rugby_Champions_Cup#Seeding_and_runners-up

Looks like we'd want to be racking up as many tries, and to a lesser extent points, as possible.

MJohnston wrote: »

Tries are only used after points.

c) If ranking remains unresolved and/or if clubs have not played each other previously in the pool stage, qualification/ranking will be determined as follows:
    (i) the best aggregate points difference from the pool stage; or
    (ii) if equal, the number of tries scored in the pool stage; or
    (iii) if equal, the club with the fewest number of players suspended under Disciplinary Rules in the pool stage; or
    (iv) if unresolved, by drawing lots.

Tries are only used after points.

c) If ranking remains unresolved and/or if clubs have not played each other previously in the pool stage, qualification/ranking will be determined as follows:
    (i) the best aggregate points difference from the pool stage; or
    (ii) if equal, the number of tries scored in the pool stage; or
    (iii) if equal, the club with the fewest number of players suspended under Disciplinary Rules in the pool stage; or
    (iv) if unresolved, by drawing lots.

Oops, yeah, I was reading the "Where teams have played each other" section which prioritizes tries scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Scythica

Ok I've not looked at any of the other groups yet but who do we want to win/lose in the next matches?

Scythica wrote: »
    Ok I've not looked at any of the other groups yet but who do we want to win/lose in the next matches?

A Leinster win at 3 oclock would be very helpful in that pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I'd be surprised if Ulster don't get to 60 here. Playing well, running it all and making yards for fun

• Advertisement

CY81nqYWsAAgI3L.jpg:large

Advertisement