Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VII: The Fan-base Awakens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

This is the forecast I usually run with, and thank goodness this afternoon's update has improved prospects for this evening:

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin/hour_by_hour.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭A-Train

vienne86 wrote: »
    This is the forecast I usually run with, and thank goodness this afternoon's update has improved prospects for this evening:

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin/hour_by_hour.html

I second this recommendation I use it for everything generally always on the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Crossing my fingers that Adam Byrne has a good game. Seems to have all the physical attributes to be a serious player. Maybe he lacks in concentration or something because on the very rare occasion I get to see him play he seems to get caught out of position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Match not on anywhere?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Text updates even?

• Advertisement

7-0 Leinster

Triggs try and Nacewa conversion. Scored after 9 mins

Boss off and McGrath on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    7-0 Leinster

Triggs

Boss off

Two yellows or any reds ?

Two yellows or any reds ?

Injury,sorry I updated post

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭mr. pleasant

updates on twitter: https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby

Isa scores a try and adds the conversion - 14:0

Healy and Ross are walking around the pitch. Not nearly fit enough for tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Nice to have the try bonus in the bag before ht! A few nice moments from Marsh, Ringrose and Isa.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Healy and Ross are walking around the pitch. Not nearly fit enough for tomorrow.

Ah I think healy is getting through a huge amount of work around the breakdown. He's defo not up to full speed tho.

Very impressed with the keep the ball attitude tho. The second try for me was an absolute peach, simple zag with the blindside winger coming into midfield to create an overlap. Such simple stuff but only works if everyone isn't taking too much out of the ball and passing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Weird kind of game, hard to assess much as Zebre are so poor. Some very nice individual moments though. In fairness to Zebre they're defending well for the most part though, be interesting to see if they fall off in the second half though.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭dubal

how has the scrum been?

Dubal

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

26-0 at hf time with the tbp.

If ulster only get the lbp and lanelli just win against Edinburgh we'll go second in the table.

dubal wrote: »
    how has the scrum been?

Dubal

Ok, no movement.

Isa not happy with being subbed.

.ak wrote: »
    Isa not happy with being subbed.

In fairness he was motm

Healy off after 63 mins under the belt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

A-Train wrote: »
    Healy off after 63 mins under the belt!

in one piece?

45-0, ringrose and cronin, 7 tries now

aimee1 wrote: »
    in one piece?

It's Healy is he ever in one piece leaving a game but no was ok bar holding his shoulder once during the match.

kelleher now, try 8

• Registered Users Posts: 16,896 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

That was a strange game. Leinster win 52-0, but played some very poor and headless stuff. Really didn't think they were that good. Zebre were beyond awful though. Part of Leinster's problem I think is down to Marsh. He stands so flat and runs everything. It's detrimental at times. Made some nice half breaks, but at times we lacked structure in attack. Zebre really were appalling though.. One of the worst sides I've seen at the RDS on a long time.

Ringrose took the piss at times tonight. Had two clean breaks after 10 minutes. What's so impressive about him is his work in tight spaces. Is able to shift his feet and body right before contact to get a half step on the defender and make a little extra ground.

Leinster weren't great but it was encouraging to see them attempt to play a wide game. It helps that they had a bit of pace in the back three. Adam Byrne didn't see much of the ball but was strong in contact and took his try well.

And on his display tonight I'd like to see Kelleher get more games. Played the entirely of the second half and showed great pace and ability to beat a man. His try was was a bit lucky but well taken. Caught a high ball at halfway and shrugged off a very poor attempted tackle and showed good pace to run home from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭rsh118

Looked a decent game from everything I have managed to dredge up on vine so far. Perhaps Leinstertainment is back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

rsh118 wrote: »
    Looked a decent game from everything I have managed to dredge up on vine so far. Perhaps Leinstertainment is back?

A lot of it was down to just how awful zebre were. I have been hoping for so long that the Italians could grow but it's not looking like it all, notwithstanding the International window

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭rsh118

They are only at their worst during the internationals though. They've put up the odd decent fight, but now they've effectively been shafted out of the B & I & French Cup there's much less cash bouncing around for them I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

That was men against boys tonight, so very hard to judge Leinster. Marsh is a bit frustrating - he runs everything and you can read him like a book. Made some brilliant kicks to touch. Our back three were very speedy. Byrne had a decent game, took hs try well, and has serious wheels. Cian Kelleher did well when he came on. I thought Healy worked hard, but needs more game time. Delighted Luke McGrath came on so early - he had a good game. Ringrose deserved MOTM - very good again, and not afraid to go into contact and to tackle.

Enjoyable night. Small enough crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭scott1974

I have to say Jordi did a lot of work.
    Triggs was good too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement